Anyone reload the .25 ACP?

spacecoast

There are many cases of people being shot with a 25 who didn't realize they had been shot.

Yeah, many because they were dead.

I have all the stuff to reload for it, but haven't gone there yet because I rarely shoot my Colt Vest Pocket .25 and still have a few factory rounds. I already have 1500 bullets (more than a lifetime supply for me, I'm sure) or I would be interested in some of them.

I dip all my loads and don't anticipate any problems with the .17 cc dipper and an easy powder like Bullseye or AA#2. The smallest caliber I've done so far is .30 Luger and it was no problem.

Bill DeShivs

There are many cases of people being shot with all calibers who didn't realize they had been shot.
I was stabbed, and I didn't realize it- but I was still just as stabbed!
A good, CNS shot with a .25 will work as well as a .44 magnum.

Clark

The .251" 50 gr FMJ bullets were $10/1000 a few years back.

When loaded hot, the Beretta 950 and Colt 1908 make painful recoil.

RC20

I used to load the 380 acp, thats as small as I could get my fingers roudn and only becasue I had the stuff to do it, I was young then.

On the other hand, if you like it then thats great though pictures of a tweezers rattle through my brain.

Drm50

25acp reloading method

I gave my brother in law a Titan 25,he didn't own a handgun before. He did have
some pistol shooting experience. My sister, who grew up around house full of gun nuts, was raising cane with me. It seems he was plinking with the 25, 2 or
3 boxes at a time. When they came out for holidays he had a"bread bag" full
of 25 empties, bullets, powder, and new set of dies. I have dies for 100+ cals,
not 25acp. After staring at brass for about 1/10 sec.- I dropped them in junk
box, took back pistol, fished a H&R 999 and brick of 22s out of safe, handed
them to Bro-in- law and everybody lived happily ever after!

should have sold that brass... it's going for around $10.00 per 100 on Gun Broker

it's actually not that tough to load for... I'm working through Lil Dandy arbors right now to figure out what to use, to get a powder measure that will drop the right charge consistently enough for my lil autos... with my revolver, I'm using accurate #5 with good results... will likely be 231 or some such for the auto pistols...

T. O'Heir

"...how it won't hurt anyone..." They won't unless you hit the bg. Factory FMJ's will go right through a 2 x 4 at 100 yards with no fuss. If you can hit the 2 x 4 at 100 yards.

Sid

Regarding the Ruger in the photo. This is the first time I have seen one of these. Are there other revolvers that use the .25 ACP cartridge?

SID... sorry, the revolver is the work of my sick mind... this one is a custom 8 shot Blackhawk

... however I have it on good authority, that there are a couple being built right now on Single Sixes... it's a relatively easy custom build on the Single Six platform

it's something I always wanted, & with this latest 22 LR shortage, I was finally able to convince my builder buddy to do the machining...