Anyone expecting firearm goodies under the tree.

Kilroy08

I know I am. Some of the best Christmas presents are the ones you buy for yourself.

I had been itching for a police trade in Glock 22. I figured $350-ish was a good deal. Poor me figured I'd have to save up for a bit. Then came the handing out of paychecks, enclosed was an end of the year bonus on top of the Christmas bonus!

Sadly, the used LE issue Glocks shot up to almost $500. In my infinite wisdom I said *forget* the used Glocks, why not buy new for that price? Buy used + shipping + transfer fee = within a few bucks of new.

Moral of the story, my gifts I'm getting are a Glock 22, Hornady .40 S&W dies, and another holster for my shoulder rig. And have money left over.

Shhhhh, don't let She Who Must Be Obeyed know. (I'm on gun buying probation until after our wedding)

huntinaz

My wife got me a portable shooting bench :)

I'm hoping for a couple of Cabela's gift cards, but we will see. My brother usually gets me something firearm related.

Lon308

About 3 weeks ago, my wife said to me, "So what do you want for Christmas?"

I said, "A new car."

Her jaw dropped, as we just purchased an Avalon for her, and we have 4 years of payments remaining on it.

I then spelled it, "K-A-H-R", and explained that it was a .380 carry pistol.

A $550.00 pistol doesn't look so bad compared to a $29,000.00 vehicle.

So what happened?:

(It's the stainless steel one, and is currently under the tree.)

BarryLee

My Brother is supposed to be giving me some ammo for Christmas. I sure hope he did his shopping early or I might be getting a Jelly of the Month Club membership. :eek:

Metal god

I make an Amazon list that I can add things from other stores to . Then I gave the list out to everyone . Nothing but gun stuff on it :D

Dre_sa

I have found that the moment I expect something to happen, it doesn't. either I have terrible luck, or the universe just plain don't like me. The only exception to this rule is my 'gut feel'/intuition/instincts (strangely these are usually right when it's important).

That being said, I'd love to have something gun related under the tree. I'm just not going to expect it! :D

fivepaknh

Last year there was an LCR .357 under the tree from the wife. This year it's an XDs .45. The kids don't know I know, but my wife would've had no clue what gun to buy and plus I had to fill out the paperwork. I didn't want to walk the line on a straw purchase.

I know from the kids I have boxes of ammo under the tree.

Tis the season. :D

Mogul133

I was able to talk my wife into letting me get my own present this year. I actually picked it up yesterday. HK 45.

Dead

My dad is "getting" 3 pistols for Christmas... He couldnt wait till then to open them so he got to a few weeks ago :):)

rickyrick

It seems pretty common to "guide" gift givers on firearm related items. Seems like most already have gotten or know what they are gonna get, lol

Kevin Rohrer

Santa just delivered an M1 Carbine, and he is also getting the front strap of my Colt Officer's Model 1911 checkered for me. He hasn't decided on 20 or 25LPI. :)