Anyone else got a thing for stainless handguns?

The Great Mahoo

Very nice collections here!

I prefer stainless these days; I started off likeing blued/parkerized guns when I was younger. As of now, 5 of 9 are stainless.

Stainless is a must on a modern firearm for me.
One of the things I have noiced lately is that all the civil war and earlier guns I see at auctions are stainless.

Maybe they lasted better or maybe they were smart enough to make guns out of something corrosion resistant back in the day. IDK, all I know is I love my stainless guns and I feel comfortable not babying them like I feel I need to on my blued guns.

Ricklin

Salt Water

I usually take a weapon or 2 or 6 with me on a fishing trip, stainless or of late Tennifer is the only way to go. The worst environment in the world is a salt water boat. Stainless just does not rust (as much):D

Chesster

All autos nonSS except for the Seecamp -32. I prefer SS revolvers if available unless I need to go light weight.

Smith, 60, 64, 65, 67, 624, 625, 629, 681
Pre 1990 Charter Arms Undercover & Bulldog 44
Ruger Speed Six
I know I have overlooked some.

OhioAAA

SW_4006.jpg

Not mine in the picture. Smith&Wesson SW4006 Steel Frame Full Size

rantingredneck

My only two non-stainless handguns are my LCP and LCR. As of yet, neither is available in stainless............

Stainless guns (all Rugers):

4" GP100 .357 (2 of them)
4" SP101 .22LR
2.25" SP101 .357
P345
P97
P90

45_Shooter

I don't really like them in terms of looks or shooting, although I do currently have 1.5 in the stable.

A S&W 642 no-lock that I got before I knew they were going to do the 442 in a no-lock version, and a Colt CCO that has a stainless slide with black anodized frame. The CCO is hard enough to find as it is, and the only one I saw with a blued slide was $1100:eek:

Powdersmoke

Yup I love stainless. IMO my Sig P220 ST is one of the best looking autos out there. Stainless definitely improves the looks of a polymer frame gun like the Springfield XD and the Kahrs too. Just wish Glock made a stainless top end. May have to start sending mine off to someplace like Robar to be nickeled. It isn't stainless but it would still improve the heck out of their looks!!

Ben

I'm weird about the finishes that I like on my guns. Maybe it goes all the way back to when I was introduced to those guns. Certain guns just belong in certain colors in my mind. Let me tell you the way things would be if I ruled the industry (as if you cared)

1911's would be stainless or two toned.
Beretta's would all be black
There would be no all-black Kahrs or Rugers
Glocks would be left alone
Taurus's would be all-metal again & stainless or brushed
S&W would be all metal again and stainless only.
All micro guns (Seecamps, NAA's, etc) would be stainless

Why? Just because
Ben

Last edited:

tex45acp

Here are a few more:

ThreeKings1.jpg

Ruger357magsR.jpg

This matte hard chrome is as close as I could get on my Hi Power. If they made one in stainless I would have it....
BHPTUCKER3.jpg

lefteye

I carried a blued Colt Detective Special .38 daily in Vietnam '69-'70. Also a blued 1911, and (yes) a Win. '97 (blued [obviously]). An M-16 replaced the '97 on some jobs in the RSSZ. The two Colts and the '97 required careful cleaning and oiling every day - yes, it was hot, humid and I touched them frequently. If I didn't care for them, they would rust almost instantly. So, now nearly all of my handguns, and several of my rifles are stainless steel. I prefer the beauty of a polished blued firearm, the practicality of a stainless firearm, and the ultimate utility of a dark flat finished SS firearm.

Last edited: