Anyone Else "Done" With Reloading?

TXAZ

Just starting, so no.
(But if you're really done, PM me and I'll arrange to have your gear picked up and properly disposed of at no charge to you.)

:D

jmorris

Since we have made it to 22 posts after you're declaration, I guess I will be the first to make an offer on your equipment and components. Send me a PM.

If I quit now I would have to get a boat or vacation property and have even more stuff to do.

res45

Not me,I enjoy the hobby of handloading and casting to much and still have many a load left to test and enjoy shooting on a lazy Saturday evening.

I was in my late 20's when I started loading ammunition, now I'm closing in on mid 70's, I've spent many enjoyable hours loading and don't intend to quit anytime soon. I do not recall shooting an animal with factory ammunition in the last 47 years, I do however buy factory 45ACP ammunition for my 1911 from time to time. I love the hobby, I probably will never quit, the down side I could never get my son interested in the hobby!! William

mikejonestkd

Done? not a chance for me.
I can shoot more often, and shoot more quality ammo for less than factory ammo.

I am buying all the components I can and stacking it deep, its my best safety net in the event of another panic buying spree after a tragedy

Geezerbiker

I'll be done when I can no longer work the lever on my reloading press. At that time I'll give all my reloading gear to my grandsons.

Tony

Road_Clam

"Done" you ask? Hell i'm on a mission , i hope to stockpile 50k rounds worth of reloading components by 11/7/16. So far i'm up to about 41k..

nhyrum

"Done" you ask? Hell i'm on a mission , i hope to stockpile 50k rounds worth of reloading components by 11/7/16. So far i'm up to about 41k..
That's a solid mission! When the wife gets back in the workforce, I'll have to start on that!

So the answer to the op is.. HAIIIIIL NAW MAN!! too much steel to ring way out there for me! Maybe critters too...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

F. Guffey

Probably Lee stuff.

When given a chance to be snarky some never pass up the opportunity.

REBS, as you know I would normally contact you through the p-mail system. A few years back I took a picture of my gages, the picture weighted 600 pounds, meaning? posting pictures on a forum is not possible because of the size and or weight of my pictures.

I will go back and check for your email address and then send pictures. It would help if I knew what you were looking for and please, do not be embarrassed to ask about Lee dies and equipment.

F. Guffey

Longshot4

Well after loading for about 40 years I have only quit loading Big Blasting Magnum Rifle loads. I have settled on 308, 270, 257 Roberts, 6mm Rem. 35 Rem. 30-30, 30-06, 243, 358 Win. 222 Rem., 22K Hornet, 9mm, 38Sp, 357M, 44M, 45ACP, 20Gage, 12Gage, .177 pellet. Cross bow. recurve. sling shot. I would like to try one of those 20cals. and 17s. I did quit loading 300 Weatherby Mag. and 10 Gage.

Reloadron

No, not quite yet. Been at it since around 1972 and would like at least another 20 years of life and reloading. :) Rolling my own is just one of those things I enjoy in life and now, retired, I have even more time to pursue.

Ron

BigJimP

What...????.....No....!!

( and I love the remark of yes, " for today"...)...I Reload and shoot about 8 -10 boxes of handgun ammo a week ...mostly 9mm and .357 mag....and my Dillon 650 keeps on doing it very well !!

I've been reloading for over 50 yrs...taught by my grandfather....and i've taught my kids...and now some of the grandkids too.../ to me, reloading is part of the gun hobby ...and even if there was no savings, I would still reload....to customize my ammo for 9mm, .40 s&w, 45acp, .38 spl, .357 mag, .44mag on Dillon 650...and shotshells in 12ga, 20ga, 28ga and .410 ( with MEC 9000 HN's).

Quiet and focused time in my shop reloading --- listening to good music...is priceless / and I enjoy teaching kids & grandkids - and the time with them...getting them to focus and understand the discipline and to practice and respect good procedures in the shop...is a privilege.

Last edited:

Machineguntony

I could never be done. I enjoy it way way too much.

However, I have tried getting a couple of my friends into reloading, and they both have yet to start. I think I just talked one into getting a 1050 as his first press.

GWS

When given a chance to be snarky some never pass up the opportunity.

Sigh.....I meant nothing "snarky", but I shoulda known I'd attract a "snarky" remark.

Is it not true that Lee stuff is the best way to get into the hobby with the least investment? Is it also not true that those who like to tinker, have the easiest time keeping Lee progressives purring satisfactorily.

My only point was, it is easier to quit a hobby least invested in. If I were on the outside of the hobby looking in, and wasn't real sure I'd stick, I'd start with Lee for the price.

Jmorris has invested more than anyone I know in the hobby.........and he'll never quit (nor quit investing in it), but if he did, I could never afford to buy him out!:D

Last edited: