Anyone Else "Done" With Reloading?

Dave P

Just think of all the cool titles we could come up with ...

After 20 years of reloading, I would rather shoot a 22, were no reloading is required. OK - not quite true - I do have to reload the magazine when it is empty.

Anyone Else "Done" With Reloading? :D

higgite

If I was done with reloading, I wouldn't be typing this post. I am done with gourmet cooking, though. I only mention that here because if you happen to go to a gourmet cooking forum and ask if anyone is done with gourmet cooking, I won't see it.

Last edited:

F. Guffey

Anyone Else "Done" With Reloading?

Dave P., there are members of other forums that believe 'reloading' is not the correct term. One of them insist it should be called 'hand loading'. It is just an opinion but I believe he has other problems.

"Done"; I am too far into it now to change my mind, I have started selling some equipment but selling equipment has nothing to do with what some believe I should be afraid of.

F. Guffey

Stats Shooter

I will never be done with hand/reloading. I take breaks, after the 1500 round of .308, and 1000 rounds of .223 I just made...... and the 1500 rounds of 40 s&w I'm about to make i will probably take a few months off as I begin shooting up my supply. Then, probably in 6 months I will do it again. :)

rebs

"Done"; I am too far into it now to change my mind, I have started selling some equipment but selling equipment has nothing to do with what some believe I should be afraid of.

F. Guffey

what equipment are you looking to sell ?

GWS

Probably Lee stuff.

If you buy RCBS, Redding, Dillon, Hornady stuff you have too much invested to quit! :rolleyes: Plus that fits if you aren't so much into the "tweaking" hobby.:)

BTW, I've quit Many times!:D Good thing I never started smoking!

Nick_C_S

Been handloading for 32 years. At no time did I quit. During a lot of those years ('91 - '11), I was involved in other "life" things, so it wasn't a major part of my time.

But since 2012, I've been at it pretty steady. I love my load bench time.

Oh, and shooting. The shooting part is pretty good too ;)

JeepHammer

"For Today..." Priceless! Just perfect!

Spent the day boxing crap up for the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot.
Looking to make some trades, buy more crap and wonder what Im going to do with it when I get home! :)

That's one place you can buy brass by the 'Scoop Shovel' full!

A little birdie told me there is going to be half a semi load of 55 & 62 grain FMJ projectiles, all brand new, all first production run, over runs from that huge military contract,
General Dynamics made them for both ATK/Federal & Remington, not seconds or scrubs, and selling for 10 cents on the dollar while they last...
I'm going to be there when he shows up!

edfardos

We're just getting started in California. Can't buy ammo out of state, can't share ammo, must buy background check for ammo, searches at state line, fixed mags only, most handguns are banned.

I'm living your Hillary future.

I refuse to comply, I just need to figure out how to reload shotshells and I should be covered.

So, yea, reloading now more than ever.

Edfardos

Last edited:

Mike / Tx

The only time I am done reloading is when the magazine is too full to take another round.

The only factory ammo I have purchased in the last 10-20yrs has been .22's for the grandkids to hunt squirrels with and a couple of boxes of 12 and 20ga buckshot. Opps I did pick up a box or two of factory ammo for a couple of new rifles simply to chrono for load development. Other than that though I roll my own and don't see anything changing till I wake up on the bottom side of the grass....

Ozzieman

One of them insist it should be called 'hand loading'.
I call it hand loading
1 so I can shoot more.
2 So I can shoot more and less$$$$$$$$$$$$
3 So I can shoot more and not have my wife mad because I purchased another 5 cases of 9mm and 3 of 45 acp
I could repeat this probably 30 or 40 times but I think you get the idea

Bayou

Loading is more than a hobby to me. It's a form of therapy where the world is left behind for a little while.

Shrinks charge $ for the same thing.....