Anyoe know what kinda AR this was?

Jacobie

I was at a gun show today, and one seller had some AR's that were the bushmaster's and others would have the insignia, there was what looked kinda like a bat, maybe not really a bat, but somehting similar. Sorry no pic's, and the guy was to busy to ask, any idea's< sorry no pics.

bennnn

Your question has been answered by DonR101395 it seems.....

ignore that Batman AR in the link above,,, that looks like a one of a kind...

Here's a pic anyway.... Just for fun.

Attachments

• THEBAT...001.jpg
    THEBAT...001.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Jacobie

DonR101395

Posts: 1,936 Sounds like a Double Star roll mark. Did it look like this?

doublestar.jpg

That was it thanks. Any opionons on them?

DonR101395

I've shot a couple built on their lowers. They seem to work fine. I haven't heard any issues with them. I'd be more concerned with who assembled the rifle and how it was assembled; rather than which upper and lower they used. Most of the problems you will encounter are with the BCG. I would have no problem buying a properly assembled rifle built on Double Star receivers using a quality barrel, receiver extension, lpk and bcg.

Jacobie

So from what your saying, the rifles that I saw were put togethor, and not complete? I mean like if I went and bought a bushmaster, it would be complete, were as these do not coe as a complete rifle.

bennnn

I've built two doublestar lowers into great shooting rifles so far,,, and that one in the pic is my next project.

Never had a problem. You'll hear a lot of guy swearing that you should use this brand or that brand,,, blah blah,,, ...

I've built on Bushmaster, RRA, Superior and Doublestar (all stripped) lowers so far,, and I've come to the conclusion that as far as the stripped lower goes, thery're pretty much all the same. I won't use another Superior because the won't fit my Thermold mags..
But Doublestar quality is Great, I'll definately buy some more.. You can sure pay more for a different mark on the lower if you want to....

I do however like to use RRA LPK's in everything.

The accuracy is all wrapped up in the upper, and that's a whole 'nother story...

Jacobie

Lately I have been wanting an AR, but am wanting to get the best possibl one for the least as possible. I know. I know. You get what you pay for, but seeing what my other options are besides the Bushmasters that I can pick up for around $850.

Jacobie

So do you think I should build one? Is it that hard? I have no problem striping all my pistols and AK's, and SKS's, would it be comparable to that.

DonR101395

So from what your saying, the rifles that I saw were put togethor, and not complete? I mean like if I went and bought a bushmaster, it would be complete, were as these do not coe as a complete rifle.

Doublestar builds their own rifles, but I have only seen/shot rifles that were built from their stripped lowers. I've never seen a complete rifle that came from their factory. So, I can't comment on how they are assembled at the factory or what parts they use on their factory rifles.

Lately I have been wanting an AR, but am wanting to get the best possibl one for the least as possible. I know. I know. You get what you pay for, but seeing what my other options are besides the Bushmasters that I can pick up for around $850.

In that price range, you could buy an assembled lower of your choice and buy an LMT upper with BCG and have a very nice rifle. An LMT complete lower will cost you about $350 and a complete LMT upper with BCG will cost about $550. Pin the two together and you're set.

bennnn

Putting together a lower isn't as hard as some make it seem. If you're new to AR's you should probably buy a complete upper for the first one, you'll need to invest in some tools for an upper build..

Jacobie

I think I would actually enjoying building one, I am going to read the above link and see what I would be getting myself into. Thanks for everyones help and answering my questions.:)