Anybody carry in a coat pocket?

Peter M. Eick

Same here.

No point in the gun being buried under all of the layers. I move it to the outer most easily accessible point. I was carrying my 238 HD in a pocket holster. It works well.

I was thinking about when I can get a glock 42 for the same purpose. No luck so far.

Nakanokalronin

I don't, but a concealed hammer J-Frame is hard to beat for such a task, especially if it had to be pushed forward and shot while still in the pocket.

silverstang23

I do from time to time. I put my pm9 in the inside jacket pocket on the opposite side of my chest. I don't zip the jacket up all the way so I have easy access.

Ruger45LC

I do, like today I went in town and had my CM40 in the pocket of my Carharrtt jacket. I figure it's easier and quicker to grab it from there than to dig in my pants pocket for it. I carry a spare 6rd mag in the opposite pocket.

B.N.Real

Yes, but it moves with the coat all over the place.

I just pocket carry in my right front jeans pocket all the time, a Taurus Model 85 Ultralight snub.

Sits in there fine.

Darn near disappears.:)

I just tried out a Nano and a Shield for jeans pocket carry.

Found the heavier slide on the Shield held it in the pants pocket better.

I was thinking of getting a vest with a under the left arm pit pocket inside it if I ever get the money to buy the Shield.

Good luck on your coat pocket carry, if that works for you, use it.

Just don't leave the gun in the coat when you hang it up somewhere.

Dragline45

I was thinking of getting a vest with a under the left arm pit pocket inside it if I ever get the money to buy the Shield.

Those vests with the carry pockets you see in gun mags gave me an idea a couple years ago and I have been carrying this way since. I get an old pair of jeans and cut out the back pocket, and sew that pocket inside my pants where I would normally have an IWB holster. You can cut the pocket if you need to the right height so the grip sticks above your pantline. It basically gives you a built in IWB holster while adding zero bulk to the gun, unlike a holster. Haven't bought or carried with a holster since except OWB when camping.

gyvel

Yes, in cold weather a coat pcoket, and in warm weather a pants pocket. I carry a 1910 Browning .380 that has nothing to snag on the way out.

2afreedom

I sometimes stick my LCR in a coat or vest pocket either as a primary or a back up weapon. I wouldn't want to carry most of my guns this way, but the LCR has a nice long trigger and I feel safe carrying it this way.

WVsig

I have a Sig tac jacket I used to carry a P228 in....

51125.jpg

presspics

I have a SIGTac jacket that looks like a Carhart. It has a holster built into the inner pocket. I carry my full-size SIG in it..great coat..

Same one as above but in the tan color..

One of my co-workers who is a gun guy nabbed me one day because he recognized the coat....started carrying on the hip again..

HKFan9

I keep my LCR .38 in my jacket pocket, no holster (I would use it to shoot through the jacket) but nothing else goes in that small pocket and it stays zipped otherwise.

WyMark

My P32 in a pocket holster drops right in the inside breast pocket of both my Carhartt jacket and coat. A patch of velcro loop glued on both sides of the leather pocket holster keeps it in place and the gun comes out cleanly, and is small and light enough to be almost unnoticeable.

Terry A

Although some frown upon pocket carry, that's my primary choice. I carry a XD-45 or a Glock 21 easily in my jacket pocket. My Glock 23 fits nicely in my pants pocket and even if I'm not wearing a coat, it doesn't print. Of course, my PF9 is easily carried in any pockets, pants or otherwise.

I have inside the belt holsters but I'm so used to pocket carry that I rarely use the Uncle Mike's.

DannyB1954

When I used to do 24 hour repair service calls I had a S&W mod 36 in the coat pocket. I took the spur off of the hammer because it would sometimes fish hook on the way out.

WESHOOT2

couple pocket-notes

It is possible for your coat to catch fire when shooting from a pocket.

It is possible that automatic pistols will fire one shot then fail in function.

shortwave

It is possible for your coat to catch fire when shooting from a pocket.

Suppose so it could...(and not trying to be smart) but I'd rather be tamping out a smoldering jacket then trying to plug a bleeding hole.

It is possible that automatic pistols will fire one shot then fail in function[/QUOTE]

Yes...and the very reason I'd rather jacket pocket carry a shrouded revolver then an automatic. If I absolutely have to fire more then one shot from the pocket, I can. Not so with an auto.