Any Single Action fans here?

Raider

I have a Ruger Blackhawk 45LC/45ACP Convertible. It travels with me whenever I go out in the woods. Its not for sale or trade.

Raider

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
SA wheelgun update...

Stainless Bisley Vaquero .44 Mag 4 5/8"
Stainless Vaquero 10mm/.38-40 5 1/2"
Single Six SSM .32 H&R Mag 4 5/8"
Old Model Bearcat .22 LR
Old Model Single Six Convertible 6 1/2"

AUTiger73

Colt SA - 44WCF - (a family treasure given to me by my grandfather) - very little of the original finish but functional, but not fired in over 20 years.)

U.S. Arms Abilene - .357 Magnum 4 5/8" barrel - purchased new and carried frequently on the farm for many years. Extremely accurate!

U.S. Arms Abilene - .357 Magnum 5 1/2" barrel - purchased in like new condition, and "preserving it" for future generations.

Over the years I've had 1 Ruger Blackhawk and 2 Ruger Superblackhawk which were sold or traded for something "better". Within the past 3 months I've fallen in love with the current production Ruger Sheriff's model. Add to the above list:

2 Ruger Vaquero "Sheriff's Models" - .45 Colt, stainless, birdshead grip & 3 3/4" barrel. The first one produced excellent accuracy at 15 yards, and the second one is being "preserved" for future generations.

Got a lot of handguns, mostly S&Ws, Colt (autos), SIGs, and Springfield Armorys, BUT there is something about these SA Revolvers, as there is about Lever Action rifles, that I enjoy more than others ...

thisaway

Dakota Law Dog,

Glad to see you're still around somewhere! Don't know if you've been to GT lately...I took over your old 'Wheelhouse" forum there.

I've only got four single-actions:

7.5-inch bbl. Uberti Cattleman in .45 Colt
4.75-inch bbl. EMF New Hartford .45 Colt
.44 replica Remington M1858 Army cap-and-ball
.36 replica Griswold & Gunnison cap-and-ball
:rolleyes:

Crimper-D

Drat!!!

It seems like I lay the $ out for a revolver, I come home with a DA!
I Love SA's but can't seem to ever acquire one. My only SA is an 1851 Navy repro of a Confederate copy of the Colt with a brass frame in .44cal = an absolute 'blast' to shoot:D
I even own a working 44-40, but it's a Marlin rifle...it needs a pardner;)
Anyone make a Bisley style 44-40?

ExMB

Crimper-D
I went looking for a shotgun today but came home w/ a New Model .357 Blackhawk. Go figure.
I havn't had a chance to shoot it, in fact I have never fired a .357 of any sort, but I have a feeling I will enjoy it.:)

bb gun

Other than a Kimber Classic Custom 45 auto all I have are single actions. Ruger Vaquero 44 mag 5 1/2.Like to shoot 44 specials out of it.Getting old. Ruger Blackhawk 3 screw 41 mag.4 5/8 in. It's smooth. Ruger single six convertible 4 5/8 Ruger Bearcat.Fishing companion All blue I'm glad there's a few of us left who are into single actions.

BOLANTEJ

hey kaboom: how's that recoil?

ruger sbh .44 magnum 10.5" bbl.
ruger blkhwk .30 carbine 7 1/2" bbl.
colt 3rd gen buntline special .45 colt 12" bbl.

fun guns....and preeeeeeety!

:D

Kaboom

Hi BOLANTEJ,

Recoil is surprisingly nice. I think it has a lot to do with the pressures these cartridges operate at. There is no quick sharp recoil. It is more of a push and roll. Have some 405 gr lead on top of mid 40 gr. reloader 7 that is very healthy. The ten inch barrel and the weight make for a very fun controlable revolver.

Larry Wright

Here's one out of left field: My ol' Arminius Hombre 44 magnum. It's really a fun gun and puts 44 specials out pretty nicely. I paid I think $125 for it about 10 years ago so it paid for itslef in fun alone a long time ago. I had a Super Blackhawk over twenty years ago but only kept it for about six or seven years. Another case of the gun being better than the shooter.

BOLANTEJ

sounds like fun.

my dealer tried to get me to buy one. he also had the 444marlin in stock. nice, BIG guns. one of these days.....:rolleyes:
take care.

SIGSHR

Single Actions

I have 5:
1. Navy Arms Remington M-1875
2. Virginian Dragoon
2. U.S. Arms/Mossberg Abilene
4.Ruger Old Model Blackhawk
5.Ruger Old Model Super Blackhawk