Any Single Action fans here?

DennisE

I love my 3 SA Rugers:

Super Single Six .22LR/.22 Magnum 5.5" barrel
BH .357 Magnum/9mm 4 5/8" barrel
SBH .44 Magnum 4 5/8" barrel

Best fun guns in the world! Dennis

Jbar4Ranch

You know I do, DLD. Sometime before that fun & entertaining incident last October, they numbered 19. I miss my 5 1/2" .45 Cimarron & 4 5/8" stainless .45 Vaquero most of all. :(

FPrice

All I have right now is a 5 1/2" Ruger Vacquero, SS, in .44 Magnum. It is a sweet shooter with .44 Special loads but a bit stout with Magnums. I also have a Marlin 1894 in the same caliber to make a start to my SASS shootin' irons. I need a second pistiol but SAA's are hard to find up here.

WIL TERRY

S A SIXGUNS...

THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF SIXGUNS...

SINGLE ACTIONS..

AND THOSE THAT WISHED THEY WERE SINGLE ACTIONS...

DON'T BE ALARMED GUYS, ALL THOSE D A SIXGUNS AND SELF LOADING PISTOLS ARE JUST A PASSING FAD THAT'LL LAST 'BOUT AS LONG AS THE HULA HOOP.

P

PreserveFreedom

I miss my Vaquero real bad. I got a good deal when I traded it in, but I still miss it tons. On my list of needs is a pair of stainless Vaqueros in 357 Magnum. I just hope I can find a competent smith to do the nessecary spring work on them.

griz

I used to look at SAs as strong utility guns. Then I got into CAS and have really grown fond of my Blackhawks. I'm itching to try one of the Colt copies now to see if the slightly smaller size helps any.

Dr.Rob

Staff Alumnus
Hmm lest see.. out of the 4 revlovers I own.. 3 appears to be single action. So yes by a 75% vote yes.:D

For the record thats:

COLT Signature 1851 Navy .36

Cabela's 1860 fluted Army .44

Ruger 7.5 inch Vaquero .44 magnum.

I have yet to own a real Colt SAA, but I sure want one.

FDM

New unfired Vaquero!

Scored a stainless Vaquero today in .44-40, with ivory-esque grips, for $375.

I'll collect some brass from factory cowboy and full tilt loads and start reloading for best accuracy out to 25 yards.

Any tips?

Tks advancedly!

John22

Yes, a big time fan .... Ruger SBH 4 5/8 High Gloss SS.
I had a Vaquero in 44-40, and a Single Six 22LR/Mag. that were traded off. I miss the 22 and will soon pick up another one.
A good reload for the 44-40 is 7.5gr of WW231 under a 200gr lead bullet (approx. 850fps). Reloading info is becoming more common for the 44-40 as Cowboy Action Shooting's popularity grows. I had one of the first Vaqueros from the factory in 44-40. At that time I had to dig to find info to reload my own. Didn't help that Ruger bored the cylinders at .425 diameter then used their standard 44mag barrels that slugged out at .429. That made it difficult to hit a pie plate at 25 feet.

Fred

Hmm, let's see -- have a Super-Single Six Convertible, Bisley, and a Blackhawk Convertible on order. Nah, I really don't like single action revolvers! :) :) :)

Poodleshooter

Very happy OLD MODEL Super Blackhawk 7.5"bb owner here. I like my three screw trigger just fine and dandy the way it is. How hard is it to not rest the hammer on a loaded chamber anyway :confused:

FDM

on empty cylinder

Yeah Poodleshooter,
I miss that "click, clickety-click" on the New Model action.

Have to use my black powder stuff to get that tune (and they're just as accurate, shot or THROWN at the target)!
:)

tyro

My only single action handgun is an NAA .22 magnum Mini-Master, of which I am definitely a fan. 'Shoot it every day, and enjoy it more each time.