Any New DA/SA?

Cosmodragoon

Hey. Were there any new DA/SA guns at Shot Show? Just looking at articles and videos, I don't see much. There are new revolvers. There are new 1911s. There are a bunch of striker-fired guns.

Did I miss anything? Is there anything on the horizon elsewhere? Even a rumor would suffice at this point. I'm starting to feel like a dinosaur...

TunnelRat

There was some more info about the Beretta 92X if it makes you feel better, and the street prices plus rebate put them close to $500 if you're interested.

But overall no, I don't remember seeing much.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

tarhealcracker

Back when I added the Bersa Thunder 380 Plus to my collection I stopped looking. So far I have the Thunder, Thunder cc and now the Plus. DA/SA always gets my attention, if ya can't tell.

Pahoo

Wrangler

Not really all that new but the Ruger Wrangler, is really stepping up. Could hardly believe my eyes when a dealer at a local Gun-Show, was asking $175.00 for new ones. All shades and even a solid black one. ….. :)

Be Safe !!!

Whirlwind06

EAA is importing a new beretta 92 clone based on the description it'll have a dovetail front sight.

Then there is springfield XDE and the grand power that have been out for a while.

Last edited:

USNRet93

Not really all that new but the Ruger Wrangler, is really stepping up. Could hardly believe my eyes when a dealer at a local Gun-Show, was asking $175.00 for new ones. All shades and even a solid black one. ….. :)

Be Safe !!!
Just bought one of these. Great SA, gated, pistol. Accurate, well made..really fun gun. Mine was just under $200 OTD..

Areoflyer09

Is the new cz in 10mm as well? Heard something about a true cz, not dan wesson in 10mm
It’s a different CZ, but yes.

There is a confirmed conversion kit for the CZ97 to make it a 10mm. Currently CZC wants to do the install, they don’t just want to sell the kit.

It’s a fair guess that it will be offered as a completely pistol as well from them.

HistoryJunky

I too am disappointed in the lack of DA/SA new options at SHOT as well. I guess the gun industry thinks everyone likes striker guns and Fudd guns.

TruthTellers

I too am disappointed in the lack of DA/SA new options at SHOT as well. I guess the gun industry thinks everyone likes striker guns and Fudd guns.
Because they do, that's what people are buying. I'd love to see the sales figures on Beretta Px4's and Springfield XD-E's.

HistoryJunky

I really don't know who the XD-E appeals to. To me it is an abomination. It literally looks like Springfield R&D just said... hmmm.... yeah I think we can add a hammer to that and have less capacity! Itll be great!

Eazyeach

I would like a gun similar in size to my S&W 9mm shield but with a hammer. I’m not concerned about capacity so much but I refuse to consider buying a Springfield anytime soon. I wish there were more options out there.

OhioGuy

I really don't know who the XD-E appeals to. To me it is an abomination. It literally looks like Springfield R&D just said... hmmm.... yeah I think we can add a hammer to that and have less capacity! Itll be great!
I like DA/SA pistols, and I even generally like Springfield. But the XD-E really isn't well executed in my opinion. It's ugly of course, it's really quite large for what it is, and the trigger is pretty weak. Especially the DA pull -- it's a pretty long reach for my hand to get a good pull on the first shot, vs. a lot of other DA/SA guns.

People buy P365s and Hellcats hand over fist because they're cool, small and well made. I can't see any forthcoming DA hammer guns ever competing with that, or any marketing department saying "ya know what the public is really clamoring for? A P365 with a hammer and a heavy first trigger pull."

I like DA/SA pistols, and I even generally like Springfield. But the XD-E really isn't well executed in my opinion. It's ugly of course, it's really quite large for what it is, and the trigger is pretty weak. Especially the DA pull -- it's a pretty long reach for my hand to get a good pull on the first shot, vs. a lot of other DA/SA guns.

People buy P365s and Hellcats hand over fist because they're cool, small and well made. I can't see any forthcoming DA hammer guns ever competing with that, or any marketing department saying "ya know what the public is really clamoring for? A P365 with a hammer and a heavy first trigger pull."
People have been buying small carry guns "hands over fist for years". The Sig 365 and Hellcat are no better than a whole lot of nice single stacks out there, the only difference is a few more rounds, which believe it or not, a whole lot of people are not interested in. The shot show is IMO just a show of some new firearms, many that may be big hits, perhaps some flops. There is a reason many firearm manufactures are not out to jump any hoops because of the P365 or the Hellcat. The real world is not the internet. Some people will read the internet and think that the Hellcat and the P365 are the only guns being sold at present. That is about as far from the truth as you can get. Starting to see many used P365's for instance for sale. Even read a review by a gun mag test that gave it only a B rating. Fads come and go. The PF11 was out years ago. Most fads go in circles. I would not be surprised to if more Da/Sa and striker fired DAO start to become popular and there still is a mighty big base for them

TunnelRat

Shot Show is one thing, sales are another. I can ask local FFL holders and gun stores near me. Striker fired pistols sell more. Does that mean DA/SA is bad? Not at all, but it's not as in Vogue as of right now. Maybe that will change in coming years. Maybe it won't. There's a reason that HK, SIG, Beretta, CZ, and FN have come out with striker fired options over the last decade. And by the way, there are DAO striker fired pistols. Striker fired doesn't have to mean short and light trigger.

Shot Show is one thing, sales are another. I can ask local FFL holders and gun stores near me. Striker fired pistols sell more. Does that mean DA/SA is bad? Not at all, but it's not as in Vogue as of right now. Maybe that will change in coming years. Maybe it won't. There's a reason that HK, SIG, Beretta, CZ, and FN have come out with striker fired options over the last decade. And by the way, there are DAO striker fired pistols. Striker fired doesn't have to mean short and light trigger.

I should have put in, "Striker Fired DOA", my bad. I own 6 of them.

seeker_two

The XD-E holds one more round in its standard and extended magazines compared to the XD-S......just saying...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk