Any Firearms Manufacturer make a 357 SIG "pocket pistol"?

Forte S+W

Even if they did, the P40 was discontinued because it was prone to user-induced malfunctions occurring under recoil. Basically, anything less than a death grip had a tendency to cause the same sort of malfunction that limp-wristing can cause among certain pistols, so Kel-Tec discontinued the P40 because they were constantly getting perfectly reliable P40s sent in for repair and although they supposedly attempted to remedy the issue by altering the user manual with instructions on how to grip the P40 firmly/securely, it didn't work.
Unfortunately, the P40 was essentially defective by design, an extremely lightweight .40cal pistol with a tendency to malfunction under recoil.

So even if you could track down both a used P40 and a .357 SIG conversion barrel for it, you'd then have to contend with the extremely narrow margin for error while shooting it, and that's really not something you want out of a carry pistol.

Dan-O

I wasn’t recommending it. Just putting the facts out there. I’m one of the idiots that still has my P40 I guess.

pete2

S&W makes J-Frames in .357 Mag. caliber that will carry in a pocket. Semis larger than an LCP don't fit in my pocket but a 642 will fit and can be drawn with your hand around the handle. I can carry an LC9 but can't draw it.

Forte S+W

Dan-O said:
I wasn’t recommending it. Just putting the facts out there. I’m one of the idiots that still has my P40 I guess.

That doesn't make you an idiot, there's no sense in getting rid of a gun that works just because the line it comes from doesn't have a great reputation nor because it was discontinued. (My current carry gun is a S&W SIGMA, which has a pretty terrible reputation due to issues with the Gen 1 models at launch and for having a heavy trigger. And I use a Taurus Judge for Home Defense.)

Many folks own a P40 and love it. Heck, if I could find a P40 for a good price then I'd buy one myself. Like you, I was merely sharing information on the subject.

Bart Noir

JD and hagar, while I remain fully respectful of my fellow TFL members, I have to say you are WRONG!

Glock doesn't make any 357 SIG pistols!

The slides just say 357 :p

Bart Noir

MillCreek

They are no longer being made, but I still see the occasional AMT DAO Backup in .357 SIG pop up on GunBroker, etc. These are the smallest .357 SIG pocket pistols that I am aware of.