Another S&W enters my stable

jrhilde

Vet 66---I sort of wondered if that might be the case---I too have had a gun store that I did so much business with we cut each other some slack quite often---- and I totally agree with all the others, tis a beautiful Smith ---enjoy--
John

Guess I can just drool. That is one beautiful gun. Glad I'm not a collector at this stage of my life. But I can appreciate a super deal and a super weapon.
Enjoy.
Doc

JDBerg

I just bought a nice S&W Model 15-3 for $450.00, I'd easily do $425.00 for a 4" 686, that's a great deal!

Vet66

Got to the range (back meadow) today, in between raindrops, damn we sure needed the rain. Kudos. Shot this 686....can you say "grin" yep, what a sweetheart, soft, accurate much nicer than the Ruger SP 101 which is a tad sharper in recoil because of it's smaller frame size, the 686 is just a much smoother, but, larger revolver. I'm very happy with it, went from factory to hand loads, soft and, full. Great revolver. It sure dots the "I" be a bad day for the tango down range.

357 Python

Glad you like your 686-1. I carried one as an armed Security Officer for several years and it never failed me. Yours looks exactly like mine and is the same dash number so you should get a lifetime of service from it. If you are looking for a holster there are many available out there. The L-frame is very a popular frame size. Since I must carry on duty the Beretta pistol I am issued on duty my 686-1 has been relegated to home defense duty. It sets in the same duty rig it was carried in many years ago ready to defend me and my family should the need arise.

Homerboy

I had that exact revolver. I stupidly sold it. I miss it. And to get it back, I would pay $300 more than you paid for yours. You got a smoking deal!