Another S&W enters my stable

Vet66

Stopped by my local gun shop today, young lad walks in wanting to sell a S&W 686-1 4" SS wood grips, very nice.....my ears perked up, seems he was looking for $425. gave him a wink and, thumbs up, paid the shop owner his due and, walked home with what I felt was a smoking deal. I'm happy to say the least.

Smith%20686_zpszngh719n.jpg

CajunBass

For some reason, and I don't really know why, the 686 has never interested me.

That one might have changed my mind.

Nice find.

DaleA

Yeah, a very good deal.

And congrats for showing some ethics-I know a couple of folk that would have tried to steer the guy out into the parking lot and done the deal there effectively cheating the shop owner out of his fee.

Westy39

WOW, you got a smoking deal I would jump at that. Well done sir now load shoot and repeat until you just can't stop smiling and repeat. I am jealous and maybe I will try to hate you, naw I will just be jealous and leave it at that.

Vet66

Just got done loading a bunch of rounds, off to the back meadow (range) tomorrow. Let you guys know how I do....still smiling. Guess I'll take the 44 too.
M29-10-2_zpsmq0cbfos.jpg

jrhilde

The shop owner got his $25 transfer fee ? That was his due? Is there a part of this I don't understand? What happened to his reasonable profit had he had the chance to buy and then resale the gun? It was his shop, his business that brought the seller there, he would have made possibly $100 to $200 had he had the chance to sell the gun and you paid $25 and called it square? I have bought guns from a gun store customer three times, at two different stores and each time had a quick talk to the business owner about what would be a fair amount for him----after all, if you weren't in his store, you would not even have known that gun existed. At least you could have given him $125 so he could make at least something in his place of business ----it's a beautiful revolver, the 686's have always been a favorite of mine, I have one----and you really made out real well, now show a little gratitude to the shop owner and let him make a little something on a gun sale in his store ----

Vet66

jrhilde, shop owner is a friend of mine, I always take good care of him. He has plenty of my guns there for sale in which he gets a hefty commission. It was his suggestion that a transfer fee was his preference.

As far as getting to the range today, well looks like it's raining today, which is OK, we need it around here. Perhaps tomorrow.