another gun show

Yung.gunr

Went to a show in Tucson this last weekend with my cousin and our respective wives and neither one of us really bought anything. I was looking for a .22, either a Savage or CZ and he was looking for a Savage .17. They didn't have any good new .22s and there was more old used beat up rifles then new rifles. I am talking that I saw 3-4 rifles on vendor tables with duct tape on the stock. They were still asking a couple hundred for them!!!!! Don't plan on going to one again for a long time. Went straight to Sportsmans Warehouse and got my rifle where I should have got it to begin with.

TheBigO

I have yet to go to a gun show and buy an item- everytime I have been I go and think that I will find a good deal and somthing worth while- this has yet to be the case. I am now under the impression that we all go with the outside chance we find the "deal" we are looking for. However everytime we are dissapointed in the end. Its like putting money in a solt machine- you think that you might hit it big so you keep doing it even when you know its not going to pay off! :D

Mr. Wild

Never liked going to Cabellas because of their prices.
But after going to the last couple of gun shows and seeing their pricesI think I'll be going to Cabellas now.
In some cases they are even cheaper.:eek:

Skans

I LOVE GUN SHOWS!!!!

I've been going to gun shows for about 20 years now. I almost always buy something. Last time, I bought this Chinese knock-off Eotech red dot sight. The thing looks great and works pretty well too - cost me $100! Surprised that Eotech hasn't put the hammer down on these guys. Oh well, not my problem - I think Eotech's stuff is priced way too high for what it is, so I've got no problem buying the Chicom knockoff.

Lets see, I picked up a Detonics Pocket 9 several gun shows ago. Ehhhh, not a bargain, but a tad better than I could find on Gunbroker + shipping. I just wanted one, and there it was - a really nice example.

The time before that I got an Israeli made grip bipod for my AC556. Now, this thing is a nicely made piece of equipment - legs made out of heavy extruded aluminum - perfect forward grip and I like the bipod feature - think I paid something like $40 for it.

Then, there are always some interesting knives - don't usually buy those, though.

I always end up learning something new at a gun show - that and the entertainment value alone is worth the $8.00. Considering I'd have to spend $80+ to watch a basketball game:barf:, I can't figure out what gun folks have to complain about?

Uncle Buck

I always end up learning something new at a gun show - that and the entertainment value alone is worth the $8.00. Considering I'd have to spend $80+ to watch a basketball game, I can't figure out what gun folks have to complain about?

The entertainment value is worth it. I can meet snipers and spec ops folks, who are 200 pounds overweight and can't tell me anything about their units, because they would... Well you know the story.

Running into folks you only see once in awhile and listening to their stories. Reminds me about the fishing stories I use to hear. (Me? I never caught anything, I was to much of a conservationist.)

candr44

I can meet snipers and spec ops folks, who are 200 pounds overweight

I haven't seen anyone like this at the gun shows where I live but at least half the people at the shows here look like they put away their "hungry and homeless will work for food" signs to go to the gun show.

OcelotZ3

Here in Oregon we have a few good local shows, and I've been lucky to find a few good things at nearly every one. I didn't buy a thing at the last one (was looking very closely at a Hi-Power Practical and a Kimber Grand Raptor), but got lucky at previous ones and picked up 2 guns at each show.

I mostly go for older used guns (have a C&R for that), and sometimes you'll find one or two reasonably priced.

It was a good thing I passed on the Hi-Power & Kimber because a few days later a guy sold me a pristine (and I mean pristine) HK P7...

Kevinch

I used to attend every show that came to my town. But for years now, I've only gone on occasion - mostly for the entertainment value of window shopping.

I've only ever purchased 2 firearms at a show - 1 just yesterday - & I've been attending for over 20 years. I have purchased ammo & accessories. Unlike some other though; I don't get upset at high prices - I just don't buy.

If I'm interested in a particular gun, I'll know the going price before I hit the show. I'll have cash. But I won't even attend if I'm just itching to spend money or just buy "something". I've learned to let that feeling pass - money is too hard to come by! But if you keep your emotions in check & are educated as to the market, I think gun shows can be a fun way to spend an afternoon.

tazbigdog

I love going to gun shows. Been to many throughout my life and all are different. San Antonio has a big one next weekend, and FT. Worth is a good one too!:)

Usertag

I have been to the range, machine gun shoots, and many gun events. Millions of times. But I still yet to go to a gun show. I would Really like to go to The Shot Show.

Rembrandt

Went to a gun show this past weekend.....one dealer sold 130 new handguns just on Saturday, didn't look like any real bargains but he did have plenty of inventory laid out on about 20 tables.

kilimanjaro

I enjoy going to the shows, but the local March show here had ONE Ruger No. 1 rifle, and that was being shopped around by an attendee. There were 4 Springfield rifles and ONE Mini-14 in blue, and ONE in stainless. This was a 80-100 table show.

The surplus dealer had some outrageous prices. The book vendor and magazine/clip dealer did a good business.

Not one Mosin-Nagant at the show, this time. Lots of grandad's deer rifles, and lots of AK-47/M16 knockoffs.

Bruno2

I havent seen the guys in a while that sell the books on how to build explosives and booby traps. There used to be a few tables of that sort of stuff. Interesting to look at , but , havent bought any of them.

kinggabby

Went to my first gun show back on March 19th at Oklahoma state fairgrounds. I have to admit but I had fun but as someone posted earlier the gun prices on some were out right too high. Me being a newbie to guns knew the values on some. Mine ( SW9VE ) cost me $350 after tax the cheapest someone had one was $367. I could not believe that someone had the same model for $450 . Glad I shopped local on mine. Only thing I got was 2 ammo boxes ( $5 each ) . Locally I have found one place that has them for $13 each same size. So I guess it was cheaper for me to go to the show and get them then to just go local for those.