Another Friend Has Left This World

Wreck-n-Crew

Though I have not had the pleasure of knowing him.....More is said about a man by the number of people who mourn his loss. I only hope to be so lucky.

I didn't know Brent nearly as long or as well as I could have hoped.

It's some consolation to know he was comfortable at the end, and that he'll be laid to rest in a place he loved.

g.willikers

I always enjoyed sharing a conversation with him.
And he was always a gentleman.
Happy Trails to you, Hogdogs.
And save us a place at the camp fire.

LockedBreech

Last Christmas I lost my godfather to cancer. Watching him and his loved ones go through that was enough to make the strongest man weep. I send a prayer for comfort to his family, and hope they find peace in knowing he does not suffer longer.

hogdogs was a proper contributor to the forum. He was civil and helpful in conversations. These days, simple civility is perhaps the rarest virtue.

R.I.P.

Powderman

Oh, no.

I just came upon this thread. I remember reading lots of his posts--they were both educational and entertaining.

I am so, SO sorry to hear of another of our friends passing. In God's good time, and His good grace, we will see our friends again.

SPEMack618

Well, darn. Brent was always a good guy to talk to and his posts were always humorous and insightful.

Perhaps he and Dave can now go a round of sporting clays.

dakota.potts

I don't look at the stickies often, so I just saw this.

Brent always had a unique way of speaking up and I always enjoyed hearing from him here. I can only assume he had that effect in person.

It will be a little strange knowing he's not there to respond anymore, even as someone who had never met him.

Rest in peace Brent. So sorry...

"You would know the secret of death.
But how shall you find it unless you seek it in the heart of life?
The owl whose night-bound eyes are blind unto the day cannot unveil the mystery of light.
If you would indeed behold the spirit of death, open your heart wide unto the body of life.
For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one.

In the depth of your hopes and desires lies your silent knowledge of the beyond;
And like seeds dreaming beneath the snow your heart dreams of spring.
Trust the dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity.
Your fear of death is but the trembling of the shepherd when he stands before the king whose hand is to be laid upon him in honour.
Is the shepherd not joyful beneath his trembling, that he shall wear the mark of the king?
Yet is he not more mindful of his trembling?

For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun?
And what is it to cease breathing, but to free the breath from its restless tides, that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered?

Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing.
And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb.
And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." - Kahlil Gibran

Last edited:

Inspector3711

Wow.. Shocked to read this. I used to trade messages with Brent from time to time. I think he even offered to take me hunting if I was ever down his way.

I haven't been on TFL much in the last year or two... Busy with other hobbies and life in general.

He always seemed as genuine as could be. He'll be missed on these pages.

silvrjeepr

I didn't know the fellah. That being said, I recognize the screen name and have enjoyed reading his posts immensely.

Rest in peace.

rauke

Good night, Brent

I don't usually visit this section of the forum, but something made me do it tonight.

I didn't know Brent that well, but I do remember coming across his posts when I was researching my shotguns. It's sad when a fellow member goes, but I believe we can all take comfort in the fact that what he wrote will survive on these forum pages.

Long after a man is gone, what he has written lives. These writings become part of his legacy --- permanent proof that at a certain point in time, he lived and breathed and shared what he thought with others. Quite generously, too, in Brent's case.

Now I'll do a search of the things he wrote, and think of him as if he were still with us. Because the truth is, he always will be.