Annual AR function test

MarkCO

I use lots of ELDs in many calibers.

As do I. I buy Lapua when they are on sale. But I still shoot more Sierra than anything else. Primarily due to the fact that I hunt their certs on prize tables and they have, more than any other rifle bullet maker, supported the shooting sports over the last several decades. Hornady is a close 2nd, so those two get the $ if I can make their bullets work, and I usually can.

stagpanther

As do I. I buy Lapua when they are on sale. But I still shoot more Sierra than anything else. Primarily due to the fact that I hunt their certs on prize tables and they have, more than any other rifle bullet maker, supported the shooting sports over the last several decades. Hornady is a close 2nd, so those two get the $ if I can make their bullets work, and I usually can.
Interesting perspective and makes sense to "dance with the one who brung ya." I would have thought Berger would figure high in sponsorships (?). I do have a healthy collection Matchkings for my bench rifles; especially heavy for caliber tipped "late model" ones.

MarkCO

Interesting perspective and makes sense to "dance with the one who brung ya." I would have thought Berger would figure high in sponsorships (?). I do have a healthy collection Matchkings for my bench rifles; especially heavy for caliber tipped "late model" ones.

Berger, and really Applied Ballistics more, does support matches, especially the PRS. But I shoot more NRLHunter and CD matches (where Berger does represent), and 3Gun and Pistol where Sierra has been across all the disciplines.

I do have boxes of Bergers, but I reserve them more for the occasionally shot rifles than the regularly shot match rifles.