And another 870 joins the family......

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
He hasn't bought any 3 or 3.5's yet... I wanna be there when he lights one off though:D there is room for for a few pounds of shot in the butt if he wants it.
Brent

rantingredneck

He's a year younger and about the same size as my nephew who has fallen in love with my 835. I figure he can shoot all the 3.5" shells he wants too. As long as he's buying 'em :D.

Dave McC

Staff In Memoriam
RRN, good idea.

You may want to try some of the 3/4 oz 20 gauge loads Fiocchi and others make for starting them off right.

. Still effective, but creampuffs to shoot. I did a box given to me out of my YE, went 20 or 21/25 at wobble with them. That's as good as I do with 7/8 oz loads or better.

rantingredneck

Dave,

I will pick some of those up. If nothing else I've been thinking about picking up a shotgun loader or two anyway. This'll give me an excuse :D.

Dave McC

Staff In Memoriam
Good idea.

If I were shooting enough 20 gauge to make reloading worthwhile, my target loads would be 3/4 oz,1250 FPS loads, and also quail loads too.

Snakum

I'm from NC, also. I go to GM just to wander around, look at the guns, look at all their prices, get upset, and go down the street to Dick's and buy what I need.

Dicks, Walmart, or Colfax G&A. The Greensboro GM was at least $50 higher than the local shops or Dicks on every handgun ($100 higher on Glock), shotgun ($75 higher on 870s), and rifle ($100 highwer on the leftover Winchester Model 70s) I priced there this year. :eek:

Glad you got a deal, though, Red. Someone needs to get a deal there. :)

rantingredneck

Got the 18.5" VR Remchoke barrel from midway in today. Got it swapped out and also did a safety swap to the original non J-lock style. It's a handy little package now :D.