Ammo Question

Kevin_d77

I bought some of their 124 +p ammo for my Shield and it was HOT. Felt like I was shooting a 40. I didn't actually like it. I ended up switching to Golden Saber and I have been plenty happy with my choice.

Black Hills is solid ammo though so you should be good. For what it's worth, I've been paying under $13/25 for the Golden Sabers

Water-Man

For those of you not familar with Black Hills ammo, do yourself a favor and Google it and find out just how good it is.

boondocker385

Slightly off topic but brought up on the thread: I don't consider a round reliable until I put 250 rounds thru the gun...yes it is expensive but this is something I am trusting my life with.

nc-oldfart

I shoot enough carry ammo to know the handgun like it. Enough lower cost practice ammo to know the pistols reliable. Now that's reloads for me. Then only waist my carry ammo by shooting whats in the pistol every couple weeks along with some low cost practice stuff. I try to stay with a quality brand and stay with it long term for carry.

Oysterboy

That looks to be some good ammo. My PDX1 124 +P has the velocity of 1180 fps and the energy of 396 fpe. That Black Hill ammo isn't that far from it for being standard.

I think you did good. I'm gonna check it out myself.