American Derringer in 10mm Auto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Model12Win

Are these American Derringers are massive and heavy as the Bond Arms guns?

If so, you can count me out. I am not against a 2 shot derringer but when it gets to be as heavy as a J-frame and nearly as bulky, just no thanks.

Hunter0924

Model12Win (and I am a huge fan of the Winchester Model 12) it is about the same size as the Bond Arms derringer.

I see your point, at the size of this handgun you are getting close to a small revolver. To me it is the caliber that sets this one apart. I do agree with you though about carrying it.

lamarw, though I did not notice any tumbling on the target I did get tumbling in the ballistic gel, similar to what we got with the 300 Blackout subsonic rounds.

Hunter0924

With the lighter bullets and fast powder you don't loose as much as you think but generally yes.
It takes a specific load to preform well out of the derringer.
I posted a chart to a few chronographed a few rounds that can be compared to the same rounds shot through a stock Glock 20.

Joe_Pike

All I can think is.....ouch.

I was thinking the same thing when talking to a customer in the store the other day. He has a Bond Arms with a 4.25 " barrel he shoots .454 Casull out of. He said they're handloads that are more like shooting +P+ .45 Colt. He also said that Bond Arms told him he was crazy for doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.