All metal Kahrs

Venom1956

Hey guys i'm thinking ill have to pick up one of these soon which ones do you like/have and why? It has no intended purpose I just really like the look and feel of them so any size is on the table. I was looking at the largest one I've held one of the smaller varients. cannot remember which :eek:

Oh and lets see some pictures!:D

lefteye

Sorry - no photos. I had Kahr P40 that I sold to a friend. I still have a Kahr P45 I'd like to sell. The P series pistols are too light for me, but they are very good. I'm looking to a Black K9 or K40 - not too big, too small, too heavy or too light. Just right for me.

jmstr

KahrLeftSideA.jpg

Here is my Kahr K9.

I really like it and can't recommend them enough. I've had it for 10 years and put around 1000 rounds through it with no problems that I can recall.

The pistol was bought used and I had the slide, slide stop and mag release Hard Chromed. You can't see it well, but the sides are high polished hard chrome and the top is a matte hard chrome.

The all steel 9mm seem to have the fewest posts about problems, IIRC.

PSP

My first Kahr was a K9. Very solid, compact and well made pistol. I admit though that I prefer the shorter trigger on my subsequent Kahrs, both metal and polymer frames.
tphandseecamp001.jpg

The larger T9 is a bit different than the K9 in takedown, but otherwise basically the same as the K9. The T9 makes a nice range gun. It is similar in many ways to the famed HK P7 in size, weight, accuracy, capacity, ect. A nice gun that is fairly rare, as there are not many made each year.
KahrT9.jpg

Picked up a another K9, this one with the short trigger, which I prefer. With nightsights and/or a CT laser, this makes a great CCW.
LouPatKahr017.jpg

hoytinak

My fiancee (well ex now....man I miss that K9 :( ) liked my Kahr K9 so much I made it her own. I detail stripped it and Dura-coated it pink/black for her. That was a pain getting back together.

K9.jpg

100_0764.jpg

Hunter Customs

I have a K40 that's been an excellent gun.
This is one of the guns I won shooting competition, as a matter of fact it's the only one I kept, sold the rest.
I do carry this gun as my CCW sometimes, it sure feels good in the hand.
Best Regards
Bob Hunter

Dashunde

Somebody explain the short trigger please?
Is it different than the current PM9 trigger?

I have a PM9 and absolutly love it.
For being a tiny carry pistol its trigger is very good, even at the range.

I've always wanted a all-metal Kahr, but I'd never carry it and always thought the trigger - while very good - isnt ideal for the range, so I never really considered them an option, especially at their price.

Fishbed77

My father has an MK9 that has proven to be a very reliable and surprisingly easy-to-shoot gun with very managable recoil. Sorry - no photos handy.

Surprisingly though, my CM9 (same sized-gun with a polymer frame) is just as easy to shoot and has about the same recoil. One would assume that the steel frame of the MK9 would soak up more recoil, but that doesn't seen to be the case. Both guns feel about identical when shooting.

PSP

Somebody explain the short trigger please?
Is it different than the current PM9 trigger?

The long trigger was the original K9 trigger and it is still available on the K9. In 1998 Kahr offered a shorter trigger pull on the upgrade model K9 Elite. This short trigger was then incorporated into the later polymer models and other metal models such as the T9, as the standard trigger.

Very recently Kahr introduced a third trigger called the "enhanced trigger on the PM9 and P9 which also have a manual safety.

In a nutshell; all Kahrs have the short trigger except the K9, (and some of those do as well, but only as an option).

JohnO

Have had my K40 for about 13 years. It's accurate, reliable and easy to carry. Packs a decent punch in a small package.

going_home

Kahr MK9

Just picked up an MK9 last weekend.
Really was looking for a pocket pistol, which this is definitely not, at 22 oz.
But it will make a good IWB carry gun, at 9/10ths of an inch wide.
I've yet to shoot it, but the price was so good I couldnt refuse.
The Diamondback DB380 will have to wait till I can gather the funds now.

IMAG0088.jpg

;)

thinktwice

I have to agree with Hairbag I have the MK-9 Elite, and it really is a work of art. Never a problem of any kind in 4 years now.Very accurate for such a small little pistol.

chris in va

I've had my Kahr 'special edition' k9 for three years. It has the carbon steel slide, poly barrel, 1/2" trigger and stainless frame.

She's a shooter. Very comfy in the hand and the low bore axis cuts down recoil. Only the loose rear sight prevents it from being flawless.

PSP

I really want a T9 how uncommon are they?

Kahr only makes approximately 150 T9s a year, making it tough to bump into one by accident. I bought mine off a fellow forum member.