Age of shooting first centerfire handgun?

lordvader

Probably about 11 when I fired my first centerfire handgun cartridge. It was a 45acp out of a 1911. I fired guns at an earlier age but they were 22 rimfires.

ammo.crafter

my 1st

Don't recall but started my daughter at age 8 with a S&W kit gun in .22.
She quickly went to a Colt Gold cup .45.
Then onto shotguns.
By the time she 10 she was killing rabbits and springing teal on report at the club with her Ruger Red Label O/U 12ga.

RoyceP

I bought a new Model 19-5 S&W revolver when I was 23. A guy I worked with was bipolar and said he was going to kill me so I decided it was a great time to buy. About 1982. I lost the first one in a burglary and bought this one to replace it.

Attachments

• 19-5 Nickel.jpg
    19-5 Nickel.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 18

AzShooter

24, I had just gotten into the Air Force. A friend introduced me to IPSC shooting and I started with a S&W Model 10. That started my love affair with revolvers.

stagpanther

Always been mostly a rifle guy--started shooting 22's at summer camp as a Boy Scout. My first hand-gun was a 357 taurus that I bought around the time I was in my mid-twenties around 1985. It was actually a pretty decent revolver.

jaysouth

My father let me shoot his 1911 that he carried for three years in WWII and purchased it when separated. I first shot it when I was 9 or 10. I waited for several years before trying it again.

Ceemo

Bought a Charter Arms Police Bulldog 38 Special right after getting out of the Navy. I was 22 years old. Have had the handgun addiction ever since!