• buffalo_1.jpg
    buffalo_1.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 35
  • sableantelope.jpg
    sableantelope.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

us920669

Last time I went I regret to say I took a couple of cartons of Marlboro cigarettes. They were very much appreciated, but I wish I had taken something else. My buddy went with his wife and she took little sewing kits for the ladies of the settlement, wives of the trackers and skinners. That was an excellent idea.

Photon Guy

I have not yet joined SCI or have been to any of their conventions. Anyway, as far as African safaris being for rich people, there are ways you can cut down on your prices as its been discussed here. Its nice to be rich but I believe its more important to be resourceful, of course its best to be both and not just with African safaris but with everything. One of the prices mentioned is air fare. By taking the right steps I can pay nothing for air fare. That is just one of the ways I can be resourceful and pay less for an African hunting trip.

Photon Guy

Tell me these steps to pay nothing for airfare.....without frequent flyer miles

That is the step I use, frequent flyer miles.

But there are ways you can really build up big miles if you take advantage of special offers that are presented from time to time. Delta, my main airline of choice which does go to South Africa has offers and promotions where you can really build up miles.

As for paying for airfare without using miles and doing it legally, the only thing I can think of is to have the right connections with the right people who are, or who can influence those way up in the hierarchy of the airlines and who are nice enough to get you free flights.

tedthorn

All I know is that credit card miles won't do it.

They are a big bait and switch hyped with misleading advertising

Credit card air miles = 1% with 2% being topps

An $1,800. Ticket would take 180k worth of CC points

eastbank

if you are not interested in shooting the biggest animals, the prices fall quickly and i have found that hunting on privite ranches call drop the total cost even more. i have hunted in four africa countries on seven different ranchs and had a very good time and hunts. 22 animals from buffalo to dikker. i have brought hides and horns home, but no mounts. this june will be my fourth trip and maybe my last as old age(72) may get me. i can only say if you get a chance to go, GO. as the hunting for most animals is still very good. and i have never seen a hunter carry his rifle by the barrel on the shoulder, must be a tv thing. eastbank.