Accurate semi-auto in 7.62x39?

bumnote

I've got a Vz58, and it's a very nice rifle. As far as accuracy goes IMO it falls inbetween a AR and AK. I can't get tight AR groupings, but they're tighter than I've gotten with AK's. I got mine from Czechpoint, same rifle (and maker) as the CZ but less expensive. Wolf gives me good results, but Silver Bear does a lot better in it and is about the same price.

TheNev

Kmar40: Fair enough, I guess quality is subjective as well. Either way, I feel my yugo is put together very well. As far as accuracy, were I to have the rifle on a rest, and if my eyes were a bit better, the accuracy would have gone up tremendously. As it was, the target looked like a white blob to me, and I was just hoping to hit the target. I really can't complain about the accuracy.

Kmar40

I'm not saying it isn't good enough. One of my favorite truck guns of late is my son's (ahem) Rossi 22/410 combo. It is good enough but won't ever any ribbons for quality or accuracy. It still does the job though and I won't miss it if it's stolen. I like tools that provide a good amount of service for the price.

However, the OP asked about accuracy. And that's what I answered, in generalities. There can always be outliers, a junk AR that won't shoot, or a nice AK that will do 3". But most will cluster they way that the graybeard's around here say they will.

Lloyd Smale

ive got a new bushmaster ar in 762x39. it will shoot wolf black box into an 1 1/2 at a 100 yards and a handload using 1680 and a hornady vmax into just under an inch.