Accuracy issue PC 9mm

Recycled bullet

Can you describe your loading equipment dies and press and processes? What head stamp of brass are you using? Mixed brass or selected?

What are you using to expand the brass to accept the bullets?

From my personal experience for example CBC brass will squeeze the bullets and make them undersize, using the Lee 9mm factory crimp die can incorrectly apply the crimp with lead bullets leading to undersized, seating and crimping in the same step with flared casings and lead bullets will scrape the bullets and lead to undersize. Those are three examples off the top of my head where I know I have had issues with components or assembly processes leading to poor accuracy, barrel leading, and keyhole bullets on target.

Maybe pull a bullet and check for coating damage or bullet diameter change?

chris in va

I'm using mixed brass, Lee resizing die, just removing mouth flare with seating die. I used to do the FCD but quit doing that with this new mold. I pulled a loaded bullet and it measured .355, the top where the case mouth was set flush showed the PC had been scraped off when I used an inertia bullet puller.

Last edited:

rc

If your ammo shoots fine through your CZ I don't think it's your powder drop, bullet sizing etc. It sounds like the carbine has a different twist that doesn't agree with your cast bullets or shallow grooves that get leaded up causing your bullet to strip the rifling and not twist. That will give you keyholes like some old 22 revolvers do when they lead up.

chris in va

UPDATE!

Thank you all for guiding me through this. I did a few 'variety pack' loads. I realized at 357, the bullet's powdercoat was getting hung up on the chamber face and stripping it off a bit. All the 355's were able to be seated fully into the leade at 1.09" and none keyholed!

For the heck of it I fired a few sized at 357 and a couple went in sideways. So there you have it, future reference for Shadow 2 owners.

rc

Yeh, PC is often used in place of pistol carbine. Now I know it's also used in place of powder coated.:)