Accidently won a (bid) Kahr CW-45, I have questions..

Any .45

Well I did accidentally win the gun, clicked on the wrong item and won it, oh well. 353+20 shipping+$25 transfer fee brings me to $400 more or less used with 250 rounds through the pipe, was it a good deal? I have heard that Kahr says to shoot 200 rounds through her for break in so I guess some else spent the money to break it in for me. Now here are my questions. How do you like to carry the gun, will it fit comfortably in the pocket or is the waist band need, IWB or OWB or however? What do you carry it in? How often do you shoot it and is it a decent shooter, fun, etc. Hopefully I'll enjoy, cause I think it was meant to be. Any other info would help, thanks in advance.

Steve1911

One of my buddies that is a 8th degree black belt carries it in one of those thunderwear holsters... But he only weighs 145lbs...

I have seen it and it is much smaller than my carry pistol... so I think it would be carried any way you feel comfortable doing so. I have shot it and I don't love it ... but it is a good shooter... It is just a little small for my hands...

How big are you? Build? SOB carry is a favorite of mine... but don't always carry like that. But I almost always carry IWB unless I carry my 1911... then I carry in a leather pancake type holster that holds it in close to my side...

rsxr22

It is a very comfortable gun to conceal. I owned a CW40 for a few months. I personally didnt like mine, even after the break in period it was still unreliable:tons of FTF's and also failure to go into battery. The other thing that i did not like was that it was uncomfortable to shoot more than about 100 rounds at one range visit with it. But make your own assumptions, i have ran into alot of people who likes them and enjoy carrying it. If it is reliable for you, you really only need to shoot it enough to become proficient. I have a few guns that i carry alot and dont shoot as much. As long as your accurate with it and familiar with controls you will be in good shape. Comp-tac makes arguably one of the most comfortable holsters out there. give them a look

DoctorXring

I would say that any Kahr pistol in near new condition is a good deal
at $350.

I don't have a CW45, but a PM40 and a P40. Love them both.

I concur with the break in period for these pistols. I apply it to ALL
semi-autos.

Enjoy your new pistol. You did good !

Any .45

Thank you Doc, than you all. I guess I'll just wait till it gets here and go from there, sent payment and FFL today, so should be here next week sometime. I have a Bianchi IWB for a g26 and those size guns, gonna see how it rides in there then I might order something a bit more extravagant. Anyone actually have a CW45 that can help a bit more?

maustypsu

Can't Help

So I can't help you with your question. BUT... if you feel like an idiot for accidentally winning an auction, don't. I did the exact same thing this week. Trying to feel out a guy's reserve, I hit it on the nose and nobody else bid. I too got a good deal, so no buyer's remorse. Just wasn't in the budget or the plan so I was kind of shocked.

chris in va

Don't give up on the CW45 if it starts to malfunction. Kahr will fix any issues that crop up. The larger caliber versions tend to have more problems than the 9mm models, at least what is reported on various boards.

Any .45

Mausty, yeah this wasn't what I needed though, so i guess the need is going to have to wait, but I can use a small light weight carry gun especially in .45:D.

Chris, does this include second hand guns, will they honor their warranty to someone thats not the original buyer?

Headbanger, I'll let you know, but I have been reading through older posts any for the most part people are happy with them and the only problem I keep hearing about consistently is that they had issues with the magazine catch not holding the mag in when shooting.

Last edited:

johnmai

Used to carry a P45, which is similar to the CW45, in an UBG IWB. It's comfortable to carry, accurate and not unpleasant to shoot. Decided to sell it because I've been carrying a P220 lately. Thought I'd shoot it some before the sale. After putting a few rounds through it I changed my mind about selling it, just too good of a shooter.

Attachments

• Kahr P45 UBG Canute.jpg
    Kahr P45 UBG Canute.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 82

Any .45

I like the canute, its looks like exactly what I would use for IWB. How long did it take to get the holster, after you ordered it?

tincanhunter

I use a CW45 for my carry gun. Sometimes in my back pocket, sometimes front pocket and lately in a holster. The CW45 is nice and small which makes it very concealable. At the range the best I have been able to get out of it is 2" groups at 25yds with hand loads. But then again the CW45 was designed as a personal defense weapon not a tackdriving target pistol. The only issue that I've had with my CW45 is when unloading the pistol with the magazine removed, the extractor will push the front on the bullet up into the barrel and the cartridge will get wedged between the barrel and slide. The trick here is to easily bring the slide back and shake the cartridge out through the grip/magazine well. Ticked me off at first but I quickly learned to work with it. If you reload, the CW45 does not like cast semi-wadcutters since they jamb on the enterance to the chamber. Not always, but enough to take notice. Roundnose bullets are the way to go. As far as price goes, I paid $419 new for mine.

Cheers all :).

borninfire

These are awesome pistols. I sell them for around $500 at the Shooters Club in Fort Worth, Texas. Theyre very thin, easy to conceal. They break down like a 1911 with no front bushing, thats the only complaint folks have about them.

Theyve got some kind or cult status. People who buy them are in love with them. They talk about them for hours. Theyre awesome shooters, and very well built.

I love them, and so will you!

LukeA

I don't think anybody who hasn't shot a Kahr could believe that a 1lb gun could be that good a shooter.

MikeGoob

I love my CW45. Had some initial problems but they worked out perfect and Im very happy with it. For whatever reason, this gun is the most accurate handgun Ive ever shot.

Heres a post I made about the holster I use:

Thought Id share a really nice holster I got for my Kahr CW45. The FIST K7 is VERY thin, hard shell and although not fancy, adds practically NO bulk to your gun.
2wqabsg.jpg

Holster here: http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/K7.htm

Its IWB and the belt fastener (you can choose from many different types) can be adjusted to any degree of tilt. I think this is a nice feature, especially if you have a new gun and you're not sure how best to carry it.

With a gun this small already, I felt like it was defeating the purpose putting it in a fat leather holster. I know many people want something really pretty to look at but this is pure function, and very affordable to boot!

Any .45

Thanks all.

Tincanhunter, what do you use for pocket carry? Does it feel comfortable? I have friends that carry their PM series in the pocket but I don't know anyone with a P or CW series and the PM is not a .45. Does it print? Does it feel heavy or do you just forget its there?

MIke Goob, The Fist line was another one I was looking at. But there wait itme is high right now. I was looking for a #19 close crop adjustable IWB, or #20 the adjustable IWB. I like this style of IWB, thats why I was looking at the UBG Canute that john mai recommended, to me I would just add a skin protectant extension and I'm good.

Last edited:

tincanhunter

^^It really depends on what I'm wearing for droors. If I'm wearing khaki shorts, front pocket carry doesn't require a holster of any type. Keep in mind that the only thing I keep in my my front pocket is the pistol. The pockets in all the shorts I own have a "gun friendly" shape, so comfort and printing really aren't a problem. If I'm wearing long pants, jeans....I have an Uncle Mikes No1 holster. Wearing the holster around back will show so I keep it on a belt about the same place as the front pocket. With a un-tucked shirt, you can't tell. As far as comfort goes, I really don't find carrying the Kahr at all uncomfortable. After a while, I just don't notice it.

johnmai - The CW45 costs around $400, it's not a $900 SIG :). My P229 40S&W will shoot <1" at 25yds, but then again it cost $500 more so it better ;).

Last edited: