A Walk in the Woods....

ReadyOnTheRight

Dave -- I mostly just read and learn on this board.

Your story captures exactly why I hunt. Thank you.

Merry Christmas and best of luck for you and your family.

Kathi

Dave,

Happy Holidays to you and your family. That was a very nice post but what is happening to The Firing Line?

Kathi

Dave McC

Staff In Memoriam
Good to see you, M'Dear, if indeed you're the Kathi I'm thinkin' of. Got your card, thanks. How's Bob, the kids and critters?

TFL is closing down shortly. A successor bb has been started by Oleg Volk, check the General Discussion forum for details. Li'l ol' me will be moderating the Shotgun Forum there(Gasp Wheeze).

Happy Holidays!

Kathi

Dave, Yep, it's me and since I'm ONLY 3 years younger than thou,
get off the gasping and wheezing routine:D
Bob, the kids and critters are doing fine. Bob, Dad and I will be leaving for Maryland in the early am hours to be with family for Christmas.

Take care and have a great New Years!

Kathi

Dave McC

Staff In Memoriam
Thanks, M'Dear,the Best of the Season and God Bless. I'll E you details when things settle down...

Mikey, check your mail...

Trip20

I'm forced to commit the eSin known as thread necrophilia. I was there in that first post. Helped melt away the stress and made me look forward to being in the woods tomorrow evening.

Thanks a lot, Dave - if you're still around. If not, you should start coming back now and then.

PS - this is my first commission of this eSin (that I can remember). I love the little warning I get when I go to reply to a post over 720 days old. :)

Dave McC

Staff In Memoriam
You're very welcome, Trip. I'm around a little but can be found more often on TheHighRoad.org as Shotgun Mod.

Glad you liked it.....

FirstFreedom

Big thumbs up, Dave McC - that is awesome prose! :D

I wish this would be moved to Hunting, where it would get more interest than in shotguns....

skeeter1

Dave McC--

Thanks for that great story. It brought a tear to my eye when I thought of my dad teaching me to shoot and hunt 50 years ago.

My thrill now is taking new shooters to the range or the farm and helping them learn "our sport" safely, and I wish I could do it every day.

God bless you and your wife, and I'll look forward to your writeups in the future.

skeeter1

Dave McC

Staff In Memoriam
Thanks guys, glad you liked it.

One note you may have overlooked. I wrote this in 2002. The archives have more of my stuff.

BR, Dave McCracken....

Dave R

The archives have more of my stuff.
I have read most, if not all of it. Your book is probably 60% done, with the stuff in the archives. Finish it up, and get yourself a publisher. I want the first copy...