A very expensive Dan Wesson

Lost Sheep

Are there ghosts in the gun?

Why would the police destroy the gun? I would pay $250 for it in a hearbeat, maybe $300. Dan Wessons are fine revolvers.

For the rest of the stuff I wouldn't pay 50 cents. I have no use for it.

I suppose it may have historical value of some kind, but fascination with the artifacts of legitimate history (like the pen with which a landmark legislation has been signed into law and stuff like that) seems somehow different than fascination with the possessions of criminals. Same applies to stuff like Hitler's first armband and such.

It's human nature to be a little fascinated, but $25,000 worth? I've got better things to do.

Lost Sheep

Skans

People collect stuff. Some people collect coins. Others guns. Some people collect German Lugers and WWII artifacts. Still others collect things from seriel killers. Not my thing.....but then again, I've gotten plenty of questions about "why do you collect those guns???" over the years. As if I did something evil just by having them.

stevieboy

1): I have a lot of doubts about the authenticity of the seller's claims. How did he get his hands on this stuff? 2): This has been offered on GB repeatedly over the last year or two without any takers. I guess there aren't any ghouls out there willing to pay the big bucks.

dreamweaver

He's also trying to sell A Nazi arm band that belonged to Hitler himself.

I thought you were kidding, but sure as heck, he really is........

I have a Luger that hitler carried into france, wonder what it's worth?: )

WVfishguy

1): I have a lot of doubts about the authenticity of the seller's claims. How did he get his hands on this stuff?

He documents these items thoroughly, so I'd bet they are "the real deal."

I think it's kind of creepy, but I have no doubt there are people who collect serial killer items.

stevieboy

There are people out there who can produce "authentic" deeds to the Brooklyn Bridge. Would that convince any of you to buy it?

Sixer

I guess this is a case of "buy the gun, not the story"... or a case of "don't buy the gun because of the story".

I personally wouldn't pay a nickel for that thing. Pretty good chance it's got a few bodies on it.

KyJim

Police didn't destroy confiscated guns in the late 70s nearly as often as they do today. It was, after all, the killer's property and he released it to his girlfriend. We don't know if he was legally carrying or not.

Now as far as those of you who seemed to be put out about selling a killer's gun, how many of you all think it would be wrong to buy or sell guns used by Jessie James or Billy the Kid? Those guys used their guns to kill people. As far as I know, the Hillside Strangler strangled his victim and didn't shoot them. Thus, the "Strangler" tag. That may be one reason why the gun isn't selling (plus the price, obviously). Personally, though, I wouldn't buy it even if I had the money to burn because I just don't get into that type of thing.

killoften

Expensive. Yes. But I 'can' see it... maybe not 25k for such a "nobody" as far as serial killers go. What if it was manson's or somebody equally famous like the uni-bomber. Etc. I mean there IS something to the fact of having a weapon used/owned by our most nortious. Food for though: How much do you think the gun that JWB used to kill Lincoln?! Millions probably.