A-tips anyone?

stagpanther

Decided to do a quick test of swapping bolts with a KAK heavy duty one, loaded up 5 starlines with 40.5 grs of H4350 that had previously been piercing and occasionally popping primers. Appeared to do the trick.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1846.jpg
    IMG_1846.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 6mmcreed 105 vldh h4350 star.jpg
    6mmcreed 105 vldh h4350 star.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 143

Don Fischer

I think manufacturer's are willing to make anything they think the public will buy! Design it and then create an excuse for it's existence. Charge a lot of money and presto, an improved product. Stop and tink about it, you get something like that expecting to improve your shooting and the really serious competitor with his old SMK's wipes your eye every time! Tecknowledgey can only take you so far! So who's bullet's are really better? Who know's, guess it just depend's on who shoots them!

stagpanther

My personal opinion is that people cast aspersions upon the product--which may or may not be deserved--would be better served in the argument by backing up their opinions with solid data from experience. I'm only saying I'm trying them out. Most of my shooting is through AR's that I build--a bullet's performance isn't just it's inherently great ultra high BC design--but in my experience how well it can make the dynamic trip from magazine to chamber. The a-tip does seem to have an ideal ogive/SD design to lend itself very well to operations in my AR's.