A Shooter

LAH

I bulk shoot 30-30 & 30-06 but included the .223 so time ago. I’m loading pull down WC844 & Hornady 55 grain FMJ bullets so not a target load.

I have a nice lot of Federal & PMC brass.

Primers

Powder

25 grains from the RCBS

Bullets

The load

LAH

My rifle is nothing fancy, a 700 Remington in a plastic stock which I replaced with a real wood BDL. My gunsmith installed pillars & bedded everything.

The stock

The rifle

The range

The scope is an old K-10 Weaver from the 70s. Checked the sighting first 2 shots at 25 yards, 1 shot at 50, & 5 shots at 100. Not too bad for a junk load.

LAH

I switched bullets to the Sierra 52 grain HPBT & 25 grains of the same pull down WC 844 & a Wolf SRM primer. Here’s a couple 200 yard targets.

From there to 300 for 2 each 4 shot targets.

upstate81

I think the rifle looks great and a nice set up. Good on ya who the hell cares what reciever your running lol. I have 2 newer 700s with vintage stocks bedded and free floated much cheaper and WAY more classy than some laminated or synthetic job. Just my .02. 700 all around is a great machine.

LAH

I think the rifle looks great and a nice set up. Good on ya who the hell cares what reciever your running lol. I have 2 newer 700s with vintage stocks bedded and free floated much cheaper and WAY more classy than some laminated or synthetic job. Just my .02. 700 all around is a great machine.

This rifle was sold to me by a friend for a song. The groups were twice the size I'm getting now. I found this stock & bottom metal for about $80 so I jumped on it & the gunsmith did the rest. The goal is to have a bulk shooter without spending a mint, plus something I wouldn't cry over if dented.

LAH

Gun ranges in Florida are less spectacular

Rained today but was still beautiful. The deer also came & the turkey too.

This is looking to the bench from the 500 yard berm.

The benches are covered for the rain.

dakota.potts

Very classy wood on that stock. Particularly enjoy the fitting on the recoil pad and the endcap. Is the barrel channel free floated?