A Pre-War S&W Revolver thread Dedication

carl418

Here's my 3rd Model HE, 32 Long, circa 1917...

57.jpg

Hammer It

Guess HammeIt has one in perfect conditions somewhere.

Hello Carlo
You Guessed wrong, I sure can not see almost 5 Grand for a Pre-War Kit Gun Either and a good thing you didn't bet a weeks pay on that. The Kit guns came Later than the Original Bekeart 6" Traget revolver's actually in a serial number range of 534,587-534,636 the Link you Provided shows a very nice Pre-Model 34 which was in Essence S&W's first attempt at making a Target sighted .22 Revolver, that was Later replaced with the Larger K-frame model 18 of which I have one from 1958. It was an I Frame originally later changed to a slightly larger -J-frame. Fondly named the 22-32 as The Early ones were a .22 On a .32 revolver M&P Frame with adjustable sights. When they called them a Kit gun they Gave them 4" barrels and it was said this name was given to Fishermen or Hunters that wanted to drop in in a Tackle box or their Pocket due to shorter barrels. The Ones I have come across are well worn and too shabby for me to add to my collection. The Early one's with 6" Barrel's were called Bekearts Fondly named after the famed California Gun Dealer Phil Bekeart. He initially ordered 1000 made from the 22-32 Frame wiith adjustable sights. he received his first alotment of 292 Revolver's, and did not follow through with the Rest as they were a slow seller. Every Body and their Brother would Like to think any model 35 is a Bekeart revolver, Truth of the matter is to be a true Bekeart revolver they came with extension stocks serial Numbered on the Bottom of the grips along with the front strap of the revolver and the serial number coverage for TRUE Bekeart Guns was 138,226-139,275 and they were shipped in the 1911 Range only. The remainder of the Original Bekeart revolver's did not ship until 1914 and were called simply 22-32 Target revolvers. Regards, Hammerdown