A homemade demooning tool...

bamabiker

Well since it's back at the top I'll show my tool. I made it out of a gas stove burner. It's the tube that goes from the valve to the bottom of the burner. Cut just long enough for six 45 cases to fit. The curved part gives me a handle to twist.
More than one way to skin a cat.

Attachments

• FA Pictures 229.jpg
    FA Pictures 229.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 67

bamabiker

Let's see if I can explain.
I hold the moon clip in my left hand and the tool in my right. Slip one fired case into the long end of the tool. The tool has a notch cut out of the end so that about two thirds is missing. The long side of the notch catches the outside of the moon clip and then you twist the tool and it pulls the fired case out of the clip. The case falls into the tube and you move on to the next one.
Does that make sense?

Brian Williams

If you have a hole in the lower end of the tube, you can put your empty round bucket below it and the empties just fall thru the handle and into the bucket.

Elvishead

Let's see if I can explain.
I hold the moon clip in my left hand and the tool in my right. Slip one fired case into the long end of the tool. The tool has a notch cut out of the end so that about two thirds is missing. The long side of the notch catches the outside of the moon clip and then you twist the tool and it pulls the fired case out of the clip. The case falls into the tube and you move on to the next one.
Does that make sense?

I see it now, thanks!