A Great!! old school one is about to be retired.

if you have owned the p7m8 for that many years, nothing else is going to feel like it measures up. in that size, it CANNOT be beat. i really have not been a fan of the hk compacts lately. they are all either too big or too small.

the SMALLEST i would go if you are used to a p7, is the walther pps. it's nice and light, keeps you slim with a single stack mag, and you can still get all your fingers on it. IMO, glocks are either too big (g19) or too small (g26). walther splits the difference and goes more narrow (the most important measurement for a ccw piece IMO). it also keeps the natural "point-ability" that you are used to with the p7. even the sights are fairly similar.

and if you hurry, you might get one in stock for CHEAP! this guy gets these in on occasion. he is the best price on the web.

http://www.jetguns.com/walther-pps-9mm-32-black-p-25416.html

Last edited:
The only thing I would suggest to a new owner of a P7 is "Never try to clean or re-grease its cocking mechanism contained under its grip panels." It is a virtual nightmare for someone not familiar with its disassemble & re-assembly. Otherwise its a piece of cake to clean its upper slide / barrel side. SSMcG

P.Script: Walther's, Aren't they made here in the USA under contract with S&W? If so, Are all Walther models made here?

Last edited:

PSP

if you have owned the p7m8 for that many years, nothing else is going to feel like it measures up. in that size, it CANNOT be beat

Same size, same weight, same simple operation, same caliber, same mag capacity, same barrel length. The T9 is pretty close.:cool: Two great guns.

P7andKahr004.jpg

Fishbed77

P.Script: Walther's, Aren't they made here in the USA under contract with S&W? If so, Are all Walther models made here?

No.

All "real" Walther pistols are made by Walther in at the Walther factory in Ulm, Germany. This includes the PPS, P99, PPQ, and a number of Olympic-style target pistols, such as the GSP. All of these pistols carry the "staghorn" proof-mark, indicating they were made/proofed in Ulm. The quality of all of these pistols is very high. These are imported into the US by S&W.

The only Walther-branded pistols made in the US by S&W are the liscensed PPK and PPK/S pistols.

The P22, PK380, SP22, and G22 rifle are made by Umarex in Cologne, Germany. Umarex owns a stake in Walther, and slaps "Carl Walther, Ulm" on these guns for marketing purposes only - to cash in on the Walther name. These guns will carry the "three crowns in a sheild" proofmark, indicating that they were proofed in Cologne, not far from the Umarex factory. The quality of these guns is considerably lower than those actually made by Walther. Umarex is better known for potmetal rimfires and airsoft toys.

Last edited:

Officer's Match

It is not possible to beat the trigger of a P7 in a carry gun without resorting to a manual safety (1911).

I have owned many of the pistols being talked about here. I currently ccw (or bug) a Kahr PM9. It is an excellent and very tiny 9mm pistol, capable of fantastic accuracy once you master the trigger pull, which is basically like the smoothest and lightest doubleaction revolver pull you've felt. I have not used a light LEM, but did have (and loved) a P2000SK with the DA/SA trigger, in 40SW. It was the best range subcompact I've ever shot, even with hot Ranger-T loads. Put my Glock 27 to shame. Both are great, but very different in their roles in my mind. The P2000SK shoots well enough to be a duty sidearm, whereas the PM9 can go about anywhere concealed.

Gee I wish I knew how to down load a photo to this site? I have a couple of interesting handguns a few guys might consider interesting and have never seen up close before.

hit the button i circled in red. put the link to the photo. if you don't have a link, create a photobucket account, upload the photo, use the "direct link" url.

PrintKey20.jpg

Loose holster Dan: Hey thanks allot for the down load info. Have intentions to call the family computer wiz kid over here tonight. 15 years old and she goes and does things I dare not do in this system. Scary and confusing for me to watch even. --- Curious though? --Kahr <Just how did that company come to be? Hows the re-sale on their handguns? In the past I always bought handguns that held onto a decent resale price. Even if I had to save up for one sometimes longer than a year before I managed to buy it. Doing that seemed to pay off over the years for me I'm hopping. Like a P7 m8 and m13 that has never been shot other than what the factory put thru it before it went out the door. I have one or two other neat ones too.;)
Thanks again, SSMcG

kahr is one of the few brands i've never owned. people seem to like them. resale isn't going to be impressive, just because they are low priced to begin with, so not very many people are looking to buy used.