A good utility .22 caliber rifle...?

You can still get Ram-Line mags for the 10/22, but they're darn expensive.
I grew up with a Marlin 60, it pretty much lasted forever with little fuss, but I like the Ruger better. It's shorter, an advantage in South Georgia woods, and it just 'feels' better. I want to get one of the stainless models with the laminated stock. They should pay me royalties, since I thought of this years before they did...

admiral

If you're looking for something in the beater rifle catagory. Go to the gunshop and look at the Romanian training rifles. They are everywhere right now.

I have a Marlin model 60 that I love, but my Romanian will outshoot it with iron sights and cost me $60. Cant beat the price.

Nothing fancy to look at, and I had to take the pins out of the bolt to clean it to get it to feed properly (hard cosmoline on the firing pin), but I am very pleased with it now. Very accurate!!!

DaHaMac

My vote, Ruger 10/22. Heck I just bought an all-weather model 10/22 today. I love the fact that there are all sorts of aftermarket parts available for the gun.

Have fun with any .22 you buy; I wish I had bought .22's sooner. Its hard to beat the low price of .22 ammo. I'll probably be at the range once a week now and only have to spend $10 for 500 rounds.

DaHaMac

------------------
Know Yourself, Know Your Weapon, Know Your Enemy; then Know Victory!