A couple of Czech babes

Micropterus

My new CZ pistols. CZ75 Compact 9mm top, CZ83 .380 bottom. The CZ83 is chunky for a .380. But I have big hands and it feels great. And the CZ75 is about as comfortable a gun to hold as you can ask for. After shooting polymer guns for so long, it's nice to have a new auto with a steel frame and a little heft.

Czech_pistols.jpg

tekarra

Nice pair of Czech chicks. Bet they aren't the last Czech babes you bring home. Since I picked up my first cZ over 20 years ago I haven't looked back. They fit well in my hand, are totally reliable and superbly accurate.

Micropterus

Every CZ I've ever seen seemed extremely well made.

Not only are the pistols nice, the documentation that comes with them is really nice. The manual is as nice as any I've seen. With the high-quality fold-out exploded diagram. Color cut-aways. Then there's the computer generated diagram showing this particular pistol's accuracy. It included the date and load used, a repesentation of the target and the hits, measures on the spread, mean, etc. Very nice documentation.

Paladin7

Very nice pictures, congrats on your acquisitions!

I have such a love hate relationship with these pistols...

I love their ergonomics and amazing accuracy. These pistols always fit like a glove and I can shoot them very accurately.

I hate their overly complex designs and internals that are very poorly finished, many examples of them looking like they were finished with a chisel and rough file. Sorry but this isn't quality in my book.

i'm with ya! here's my CZ75 made in 1982. it has had over 13,000 through it without any issues. :)

P1020543.jpg

p.s. there is no other autopistol that feels better in your hand, not even high end 1911's.

pdiamajr

CZ Family

I love my CZ, very accurate and yet to fail. Very reliable and good looking. All steel.

Attachments

• Collection 005.jpg
    Collection 005.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 85
  • Collection 006.jpg
    Collection 006.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Collection 016.jpg
    Collection 016.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 71

DocDizz

You just gotta love the CZ's. I, as well as my gf, love my CZ75B. She, or I, may end up with a P-01 in the future..

Micropterus

Is that CZ 9mm small enough for concealed carry or is it more of a range gun?

It conceals very nicely. The barrel and the grip as a little shorter than the standard size gun. It seems very slim for a double stack 9mm. I carry my Glock 30SF concealed and the CZ makes that look like a canned ham.

OldShooter

Right, those CZs are babes. I have carried the CZ 83. The 75B and 97B are just too big for me to carry. They are all good shooters, the 97B especially make me look good. I like blued all steel pistols.

dynamite44

if other people are interested in the CZ83 pistol, i'd reccomend a surplus CZ82 pistol. they're nearly identical, half the price, and are chambered in 9mm makarov, which is less than half the price of 380 ammo. sure its not a brand new gun, but its basically the same, shooting a slightly wider in diameter projectile.

gak

+1 on overall ergonomics being first rate--grips/feel right up there with the HP and that's saying something. It's been years since I seriously shopped the CZ75--that would have been close to the original series--and the only "fault" for me was a long DA trigger reach for my small paws. Not entirely un-doable, but not ideal. I swear I did hold a recent 75 variant (or perhaps different CZ model) that was better in that regard--maybe a P01 or such? What do you say? What was it that I likely was looking at of the newer models, CZ-wise? It was, relatively speaking, a full size gun.