9x19 cleaning

Nathan

Even if I had samples to match it to, I would not try. While I know if I have a powder that looks like what I’m using, I could never attempt to identify an unknown. A mistake could cost me my gun or life....no thanks, I’ll spend another $25.

I haven’t seen this posted, but you could dry tumblr for 30 min and probably have something shootable, but it doesn’t sound like you have any idea what the load is....worse 9mm is often loaded with something like titegroup or bullseye!

Marco Califo

No, do not shoot it. You cannot confirm how long or under what condition it was stored.
New 9mm ammo is relatively inexpensive.
Your local range probably has a bucket only for live ammo discards (mine does).

pathdoc

I dream of a service in which people who receive large quantities of such ammo can rent a simple but very tough break-open rifle in the relevant calibre and have fun safely shooting all this garbage off.

Until then, break it open and dump it. The bullets can be melted down and recast. Dump the powder into the garden and water it in; the plants will appreciate the nitrogen. Fire the primers off at the range, I guess, if you want to keep the brass.

SHR970

The ONLY powders that can be identified by look are Red Dot, Green Dot, and Blue Dot. And that is only because there are RED, GREEN, Or BLUE flakes in the mixture. Consider the reloaded ammo as toss offs. The brass and primers are a starting point for you to begin reloading.