9mm Purchase - Mag cost are HUGE!

MPanova

For 500-600 bucks I would pick up a Taurus PT1911. Mags for 1911's are everywhere and normally bout 12-20 bucks each ;)

blume357

My best:

bought a used Sig 230... at a gun show...no box, no papers & only one mag.... went over to the guy that sells mags.... used Sig magazine for the gun (so I could have two) was $50! for a 7 round 380.

My opinion is, it's worth considering but not as important as the quality of the gun, I only use factory mags in my pistols... at least for carry and house defense (the ones I keep loaded)

I suggest a Ruger p95... in stainless steel / decock only. For $500 you should be able to get the pistol and a goodly number of factory mags.

Seven High

DNZ: I have the answer to your problem. Get a CZP01. They come in 9mm. CDNN has MecGar standard capacity magazines for them for around $19.00 brand new. Its a great weapon and the magazines are great also.

RsqVet

OK, got it, sorry if I over reacted.

BTW back when the AWB was in place I bought many surplus Sig 226 mags that looked horrific but still worked great... I was honeslty very suprised.

Dead-Nuts-Zero

Seven High

Guess What? The CZ was the top of my list for a long time (CZSP-01 Shadow) but only because I wanted to have one really nice well tuned toy in my closet, then I decided the mag price was unreal. This is a custom worked CZ from Angus Hobdell's shop. I believe he quoted me $48.95 for extra mags. The gun is $850.00 (plus shipping and transfer fees) with one mag. Maybe he has to fine tune them to work well? I still have that gun on my list but won't be my first 9mm, I don't need a racer that bad for my friendly club competition needs.

I bought a 10 rd mag for my CZ452 (.22 lr), Wal-Mart had the best price I could find at the time at 29 bucks plus tax. If you have ever seen one of these mags, they should be selling at a fair price of about $14.99, it's mostly plastic.

Anyway, after looking at CDNN website, I see where there may be hope on the horizon. They do have some good prices. One question, why is it only them (or seems to be) that have these great prices? If the wholesale price is that low, there would be tons of deals somewhere, and ebay would be a good place to buy them. I don't see that.
I did read (in this Forum) that they (CDNN) often have used mags (read the fine print I guess) that get shipped out, then when it's time to fix the problem they are not so eager to assist. I look at this as a "few bad deals" get all the attention, maybe they are great to deal with overall. Ask for Tommy ?

JohnKSa

Administrator
If you poke around, you can match (or even beat) CDNN's magazine prices but it will usually take a sale. I like them because I've had uniformly good experiences with them and because you can generally find a decent deal without a lot of research. I order online from them these days.

BTW, I buy factory or MecGar magazines ONLY. Some of the really amazing prices on the CDNN website are for no-name mags and I don't even consider those.

One other thing. They do not have a constant stock of the items they advertise. Some things are almost always in stock, some usually, some almost never. Just part of dealing with them--online ordering helps eliminate some of this hassle. To date, I've never encountered a situation where their website said something was in stock when it wasn't but downloading their catalong and calling them can be frustrating due to the hit/miss nature of that game.

Manedwolf

I've never had issue with CDNN. Quick shipping, stuff in stock. My safe looks like a Mec-Gar showroom out of fear of leftist magazine bans. :D

Dead-Nuts-Zero

JN01

Thanks, good price on Glock mags.

However, be careful on some of their other items.

This is one that I noticed...

Lyman Digital Trigger Pull Gage - Express Price $61.99 Midway price - $44.99
(I bought mine for about $38.00).

Camaroman_99

Just got a new to me S&W 952-1. Looks like used mags are gonna be hard to find. Looks like new mags are going to be in the $30-40 range!

Ralph Allen

Midwayusa.com
Glock factory mags $21.99, Springfield XD factory mags $19.99-24.99. Also try J & G sales in prescott, Az. They had factory Glock mags for $19.95. I was in no rush for factory S & W mags for a 915 and lo and behold Midway put these on sale a couple of months back for $32.00. Yes I bought a handfull!