9mm plinker pistol?

Ozzieman

One gun that I would recommend is the Beretta 8000 cougar which is now built by a subsidiary of Beretta called Stoger. The 8000 with the rotating barrel lock is a very accurate 9mm with 15 round capacity and all the bells and whistles of a Beretta 92.
Although Gander has them for $550 you can pick them up new for under 450. I have the Beretta version and it’s been a very good gun and one that I liked a lot better than the 92.
http://www.stoegerindustries.com/cougar-pistol
http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=GM421251

WVsig

Go to a range and rent the 9mm or a few of your choice..... Shoot rinse and repeat!

Load up another 500 and then choose.

OkieCruffler

well I already have 8 22 pistols so I have that covered. And at the price of 22 ammo right now I can load 9mm cheaper. Local shop keeps a ton of RIA 1911's in stock so I'm going over there tomorrow to see if they have a 9 of some flavor. Should be just the ticket, can hang with my 45 1911.

mrray13

Don't forget the 3rd gen Smiths. Or earlier, like a nice 39-2. I love mine for plinking and I now carry it off duty. Should be easy to get under $500.....well, maybe not easy.

OkieCruffler

I went thru the whole list, he has some very decent pieces, 2 I'm thinking about. I've found today that with a $500 budget the problem isn't finding too few that meet my needs but too many.

andyjr11

Get the Contender barrel, 50 yard plinking is a breeze and there is nothing like hanging a target at the 100 yard mark, and hitting it with a 9mm,

rtaylor129

This might not be a all to popular choice but hi points are heck of a lot of fun to shoot and dirt cheap. Just my 2 cents worth

This list could get kinda long.
I just picked up a Canik 55 TP9 from Fleet farm on sale for $319
let me tell you you sure get allot of gun for $319

100_9233_zps313bb028.jpg

The second gun in this image is my Taurus pt111 also a good buy.

100_9232_zps91a4ea29.jpg

Took me a while to get the 9mm bug. Afraid now with all the options. I may end up 9mm poor.:D
next one I am gona get is a SAR.

BigBL87

There are quite a few CZ-75 clones out there well within yoir budget. Canik, Tangfolio, SAR for instance. I paid $250 for my brand new SAR B6P, and it definitely looks, feels, and shoots like a much more expensive handgun. Amazing value. Pic below. If you wanted to go even cheaper and like Eastern Bloc guns, you can get a Zastava M70A in the $220 range.

20140418_222149_zpsgakcv4gc.jpg