9mm 9mm my kingdom for a 9mm . . .

44 AMP

Staff
ok, here's a thought,
buy a LUGER!

an actual 9mm Parabellum pistol, the Pistole P.08, the toggle action Luger.

No, they don't hold tons of ammo. No, they don't shoot +p (and NEVER think of +p+) no, they aren't polymer framed, but they're ...A LUGER!!

The ORIGINAL 9mm Luger (9x19) and find out for yourself what they do and don't do. There is literally NOTHING else like it.

If you can't find a Luger, look for a Walther P.38 (the Luger's replacement)

Again, not up to "modern" standard but an interesting piece, a piece of history that you can shoot with standard ammo. I read about them for years, and interestingly enough despite all I read I never knew that the P.38 ejects to the LEFT, until I got one of my own.

You've got one 9mm handgun already, so I assume that covers your duty/carry/defense needs, so get one just for the fun of it, something with history, that you can enjoy and that someone will want when you're tired of it.

I'd suggest a Broomhandle Mauser in 9mm for the odd/coolness factor, but having had one and shooting it, Don't. They HURT, and you most certainly won't want to shoot one more than once, without a glove! :D

Ricklin

With him all the way

Bravo,
Yes consider a classic as a second. How many other products out there in our wide world that are +100 years old, yet can still perform to their factory specifications?

As good now as they ever were.

Eddiejoe

A second P365 is a good idea...maybe the XL? I have a couple Springfield XD mod2s that share everything. If one goes bad, I have all the mags for both of them!

dontcatchmany

I have a Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Carry Pro and also one in 45 acp that I have offered to a couple of folks locally.

I am left handed and the Bersa has a slide like piece on the right side of the slide. My left handed grip gets discombubulated when I shoot it.

Very good guns IMHO. Never a problem with either gun except replacing the mag release on the 45.

Cheap at 500 for both and magazines included. 275 for one at a time.

If I should not have posted this here please delete my post and except my apologies.

I only shoot 9mm for practice so have an ample supply of FMJ and SD ammo. I have several other guns that allow 9mm conversions. I also keep an ample supply of 9mm ammo just in case my other calibers 40, 45 and 357 Sig run dry.

I was lucky to mostly get ammo before prices shot up and supply went down.

I used to go to ranges and shoot 200-400 rounds per session. Now I have a range in the back yard and keep my sessions to maybe 30 rounds and that only every other week or so. Ammo seems to be lasting for that but I may have to cut to zero if this idiot administration gets their way.

rodfac

-I recommend the pistol that "made" the 9MM. The Browning High Power.
Good advice here. I carried one in Vietnam 51 yrs ago, still own two, one in .40 and one in 9mm, and I'd say they define what a good grip on a pistol is all about. Either of mine will do 2-3" at 25 yds without much effort and are completely reliable. The Hi Power is one pistol that you'll never part with. YMMv Rod

Shadow9mm

Okay, I already own and shoot a Sig 365. It is a main carry gun. I've owned and sold off a host of other 9mm. Couple of high points, a springfield XDE, a Beretta 92fs, a Walter and probably some others I'm not remembering. I'm thinking I need a second at this point in case the 365 breaks down. Hmmmm . . . . maybe I should just get a second 365. Now there's an idea. Probably hard to find one. Guess we'll see.

Thanks to all for the thoughts and comments.

Life is good.
Prof Young

the 365 is a great little gun. just got to shoot one the other day. Personally I would look at the 365XL. It is a bit smaller than a G19 and has similar capacity options. Depending on how you configure your base plates, mags would be interchangeable to some degree between the 365 and xl...