7.62 X 25 MM Fans?

Drundel

The reloading data from AA#7 says you can push a 75 grain at 1900 FPS, (something close to that, I can't find my manual right now) but its close.

The max loads in the Accurate loading manual are:

Sierra 85 grain round nose at 1972 fps
Hornady 86 grain round nose at 1913 fps
Hornady 9 3 grain RN at 1779 fps
Speer 100 grain Plinker at 1752 fps
Speer 110 grain RN at 1688 fps

and all these loads use AA #9 powder

I have tried the Sierra 85 grain RN at 1972. I didn't chorno it, but it was too much for the gun. At one point the firing pin came out the rear of the gun and hit my buddy in the chin. I needed a whole lot more recoil spring than the factory model.

Justin

Pigshooter, you're right. I stand corrected.
If two bullets are going the same speed, you won't have to compensate for bullet drop.
:eek: :eek:
My bad.

Zorro

You have to admit, This caliber is a NEAR Rifle round out of a pistol.

More so than the .22 Caliber Pistol rounds.

:D

Actually, given that a lighter bullet traveling at a faster velocity sheds velocity a LOT faster than a heavier bullet traveling at the same velocity, there's a very good chance that the lighter bullet will have an inferior trajectory...

At least I think that's how that works...

I will tell you what I have to admit, shooting the 7.62x25 is fun. There isn't much about shooting, reloading, hunting, talking about shooting, talking about reloading, reading about............... that I don't think is fun.

David4516

I saw someone sujest a M1 Carbine in 7.62x25 in a previous post. I was wondering why you would want to do that, because the regular .30 carbine ammo shoots a similar bullet at similar speeds as far as I know, so why would anyone want to convert their M1 from .30 carb to 7.62x25?

Ceol Mhor

Because theoretically, the Tok would gain significant velocity from a longer barrel, giving it an advantage over the .30 carbine.

And also because it'd be cool. :)