625-2 going back to S&W.

FrankDrebin

I tend to genericize in speaking of a part that performs the same basic function from gun to gun.

Me too...but someone else here caught me calling it a crane on a Smith and the yoke was on me...so now I can't resist sometimes....makes me at least FEEL smarter.....

Jason Demond

I received my gun back two days ago, and got a chance to fire it yesterday.

The invoice was not very helpful in telling me what they fixed. I can tell though that they replaced the yoke, did something to the cylinder (What I'm not sure), and resprung the gun.

The gun doesn't bind anymore, which is good, but I can't seem to hit anything with it. Rested the gun will print 2" at 35 yards, so It's me that can't shoot it well.

I also shot my other one yesterday (5" 625-5), and could shoot 8" steel plates at 50 yards all day with it. I think it may be the Pat sight on the -5 that I shoot so well with. Someday I will have one put on the -2.

One thing to note though, is the chambers on my -2 measure in at .451, and the bullets I was using measured in around .453 and .454. These bullets came from National Bullet co, and were supposed to be sized correctly.

I resized a bunch of them last night, and will be working up a load in some Starline .45 auto rim casings.