6.5 Creedmoor suggestions

stagpanther

Building a creedmoor or 260 rem in AR's isn't much harder than building regular AR 15's--really the hardest part is just making sure you find receivers and parts that work together since there is no real standardization in the xx308 world. Creedmoor top, 260 rem lower (both have BHW barrels):

attachment.php

The creedmoor I found needed an adjustable block for the range of loads I do--the 260 does not have one and handles everything no problem. I use adjustable blocks frequently--but only because I have to in certain cases--I prefer not to if I have a choice.

Seating the barrel's extension into the upper well and matching it to the bolt well is always important--I would venture to say--again a bit like the grendel--even a tad more so with the creedmoor. Once tuned right though, capabable of great accuracy for a semi-automatic.

Attachments

• creedmoor-and-260-rem.jpg
    creedmoor-and-260-rem.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 378

stagpanther

Nice looking setups you have there sir. What barrel length?
thanx--they are both 20" rifle gas. Fully decked out about 12.5 lbs. Joys to shoot--but you gotta be in good shape to want to haul them deep and far into hunting terrain.

Can't remember whether it was on this forum or another--but I recall conversing with an x-special forces guy who hauls a 338 lapua magnum AR (noreen's I think) for all his hunting in Alaska. :)

tobnpr

6.5 Creedmoor in another bolt gun most certainly would be redundant to your .260 (and almost as much so for the Swedes).

The small frame .308's are gaining traction, lightweight but not inexpensive; I suspect prices will come down as they (if they?) become more popular and my bet is the popular Creedmoor will be soon to follow.

Mega's new SF-Maten is billed at just 7.2 lbs....