.50 BMG revolver

Notenoughguns

The pictures looks real to me. I wouldn't be surprised if someone really did build those just to say they have the worlds most powerful handgun. I'd love to see a youtube video of it in action, probably would be good for a laugh.

44 AMP

Staff
I have seen that pic before

Its on a wall in a gunsmiths shop about 30miles from me, and its been there for atleast half a dozen years. And its an acutual photoprint. Not photoshop bs.

Those are, to the best of my knowledge, real guns. I do not know if they have ever been fired, or if they could be, but they are real. Gunsmith said he knoew the fellow who made them, but didn't know if they had ever been shot.

Like a lot of things, it was done to show it could be, and not because it should be.

curt.45

looks like something from Century Arms, I'm betting they are real but never fired.

and you would think in 7 years some one would have verified them by now.

Rigby1962

then at the shipping pallet (normal 4'x4' or bigger), and I see that something doesn't match up. These guns, unless they are using some sort of micro-pallet

On my old job we used to get a lot of what I used to call ½ pallets. The where used mostly for shipping parts. They where 24" x 24" so that looks like it would make the gun < 20". But seriously it wouldn’t surprise me in the least that they where real.

Glenn E. Meyer

I remember a picture of a 50 BMG at a Shot Show report. The links in this thread don't work.

Jim - while you are correct about the J frame, but one could argue for a Centennial like covered hammer (like that ugly beast SW made a few years ago).

Quite the pocket gun in 50 BMG. :D

willr

This doesn't seem new to me. I recall having seen something like this a couple of years ago, but I can't remember where. Perhaps someone else knows.

willr

SDC

I don't doubt that a revolver in 50 BMG COULD be made, but I doubt I'd want to fire it; there are also well-known problems with firing bottle-necked cartridges in revolvers, so you might be able to fire one round before you had to turn the cylinder with a pipe-wrench and pound the empty out with a mallet.
On the other hand, the Pfeiffer Waffen Zeliska 600 Nitro revolver is definitely real; I've handled one of these at IWA (the German equivalent of the SHOT Show), and they're built like a tank. (I doubt I'm enough of a masochist to want to fire one, though).

http://www.pfeifer-waffen.at/cms/html/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=15

zeliska_1.jpg

zeliska_2.jpg