.45 sub compacts besides glock

Jericho9mm

I'm happy with my Taurus PT-145

I just bought one on saturday and havent gotten a chance to shoot it yet but I am excited. What is the best ammo to break it in with? Also I plan on using this as my carry piece becasue I have heard good things about the PRO series.

Bo Hunter

I've got a real thing for the Para Carry. It seems to be the perfect size. It feels great in the hand, but is a little heavier than average. I'd love to have one, but due to the price, my first carry gun will be a Glock...

Lou22

Cobra Patriot 45 auto. 20 ounces empty. 6+1 capacity. Smallest 45 auto currently manufactured I'm aware of. It'll fit my larger pockets. I like the grip and trigger (DAO). After about 400 rounds mine handles 230gr Gold Dots and Hydra-Shoks with no failures. I got it new for $249 including shipping.

Lou

Hawken1911

I love my Taurus PT-145, and wouldn't trade it for a Glock. Everything about it is great; ergonomics, sights, trigger, reliability, price, etc. Make sure you get a "Millenium Pro" and not the older "Millenium". Also, I believe the latest Pros are the ones with the accessory rails.

I've owned a number of .45's of all different sizes, and the 1911 is my favorite. But for carry, I opt for a .357 snubby when it's really warm (because it conceals a tad better), and the PT-145 the rest of the time. With 10+1 rounds, in a reliable DAO package, the PT-145 has even replaced my 1911 as my bedside gun.

Anyone who is considering the slim 7-round model should handle both of them first. I have medium size hands and the double stack fits me like a glove. People don't even believe it holds 10 rounds in the mag until I show it to them.

gmeister

I've owned the Patriot, actually two. I currently prefer the Taurus Mil Pro PT-145. 10+1 is better than 6+1 and I like a slide lock on my pistol. Paid $290 for the Taurus.

Jericho9mm

$349 for the taurus 145 new, with 2 mags

That is a lot more than i paid for mine on saturday, which is just blued not SS so maybe thats why it costs more if you got the SS slide.
Paid $290 for the Taurus.
Yeah that is about what i paid for mine, if it's more than that you might acctually look into another shop or get a different gun. :cool:

jetdriver

Another Taurus PT145 Mill Pro Vote

Can't give it a better compliment than to say its my everyday CCW. :cool:

Yes. Newer Mill Pro models have the rail. Mine is a year old already - so they've been out.

PT145_1.jpg

JCM298

The only thing I dislike about my Para C6.45 is the weight. It's heavy for such a small gun. It functions fine with six types of factory ammo and it really shoots my 200 gr SWC very well.

I also like the LDA action. I just wish Para would come out with a lighter frame,

John

Jericho9mm

Sorry for turning this into a taurus thread but i just got back from shooting 200 rds through my PT145 Mill Pro, not a single problem with Win. whitebox from Wallyworld, FMJ. it was smooth and fairly accurate to boot. i set up 10 clays about 15 yards from my truck and got them all in 2 mags so not bad at all really. when my permit comes through i will for sure be carrying the pt145. :cool: