45 ACP, Glock and Lead Bullets

Nevmavrick

Tanfoglio makes two forms of rifling as I understand it.
My Limited-model Target (competition) handgun, which is .40 S&W-chambered, has a big enough bore that I should be able to see the rifling, and I also have a Lyman borescope. I've just never seen anything that could appear to have an edge.
I've never looked down a Glock barrel, though.
The main part of the story is that done correctly, cast bullets are no problem.
Glock just wants noone to use handloads in their guns. It's just too much trouble to
I agree with them. They make a fine, safe handgun and back it up! fight a lawsuit caused by someone who doesn't know what they're doing, ORRRR, makes a mistake, and wants Glock to pay for it.
I only use handloads, but I understand that I void the warrantee.
Have fun
Gene

The problem is not knowing for certain whose failure to have leading problems is random or if it is actually being controlled by their bullet choices. All the reported problems seem to appear randomly, and that means someone getting no trouble can be as anecdotal a case as someone reporting constant problems. What is needed is to find some guns that have exhibited the leading issue and then start shooting the oversized bullets in them to see if that stops the problem. Otherwise, the bullet size is just being assumed to be the cure based on one gun's behavior, and that's not rigorous enough evidence for a blanket prescription, IMHO. Also, how frequently the guns in the test are being cleaned needs to be standardized for comparisons.

Nevmavrick

I absolutely agree with you. The more tested information we have, the better decisions we make.
my problem comes when some "Don't ask how I know" typist tells about a Glock, or some other brand, that had such a buildup that they finally got a "Kaboom!"
If a bit more time is spent, and I sure don't mean YOU, but others that are thinking of starting to use cast, on "Cast Boolits" forums, I am pretty sure some of that information may be available.
Have fun,
Gene