4 months, maybe I just got lucky?

cornbush

Ordered June 9th 2019
Stamp check cashed July 3rd
Stamp approved September 22nd
Stamp arrived at dealer September 30th

It was a Form 4 individual through silencershop using the kiosk.

I was expecting Dec-Feb of 2020, anyone else seeing faster turn around times?

dogtown tom

That is incredibly fast.
So fast that ATF obviously made an error.
Did you include a gratuity with your F4?:D

I'm sitting on 20-30 Silencer Shop silencers whose Form 4's were submitted in December 2018.:mad:

taylorce1

Congratulations you had better buy a lottery ticket!:D I'm still waiting on the two I did last December, checks cashed in April 30th & May 1st. I was hoping I'd see them in time to use for deer season, I seriously doubt that'll happen.

Last edited:

FrankenMauser

I was quite surprised when cornbush called me and told me his stamp had come back.

I submitted three Form 4s (individual, paper) over a three week period ending the first week of May 2019. Checks were cashed quickly.

But, of course, I haven't heard anything. I don't expect to for a while.

I have no clue how it got through so fast, but I'll definitely take it
...Probably a new examiner that hasn't been taught the correct methods of bureaucratic procrastination yet.

MGRacer

Individual F4 for integrally suppressed Ruger MKIV -- https://innovativearms.com/portfolio/rm ... -integral/:

Dealer Mailed F4 to ATF: 16 Jul 2019
Check Cashed: 25 Jul 2019
F4 Approved: 9 Oct 2019
Dealer called for me to pick it up: 18 Oct 2019.
Days from check cashed to approval: 76

Nice surprise.

Nunya53

Silencer shop kiosk paperwork for YHM Turbo submitted 12/13/2019, check cashed 12/27/2019.... If MGRacer is the new normal, hopefully have mine home for spring.

Jerry

FrankenMauser

I'm still waiting.
I don't remember the exact dates right now, but my current F4s awaiting approval were filed between April 15th and May 10th, each about one week apart.

FrankenMauser

Finally picked up my Vers 475 and Maxim 9 yesterday; having gotten the Harvester 300 a couple weeks ago.
I don't recall which date went with which item, but as noted above:
I submitted three Form 4s (individual, paper) over a three week period ending the first week of May 2019.

So, basically 10+ months.

taylorce1

I'm 13 months for my first. Submitted during the government shutdown last year. Checks were cashed around 1 May 19, so I win for the longest in this thread so far!

Nunya53

7 months to the day....paperwork submitted on 13 Dec 2019, got the call today 13 Jul 2020 to pick it up.

Jerry

hounddog409

hope I'm that lucky. Just bought a suppressor for my
Bolt 308....i am not a patient man.

Especially when it comes to something as absurd as asking for permission to my a metal tube.

Willie Lowman

I had a 7 month wait for my M16. I was told to expect a year.

I remember when form 4s took 2 to 3 months. Ahh... The good ole days.

dogtown tom

In the last week I've had five stamps come in for Forms mailed the first week of April 2020.

But..........I still have a dozen that are over a year old.:(

Crankylove

Got my Harveter 300 out of ATF jail today.

Check was cashed 6/16, my FFL received the tax stamp 12/8.

Was planning on 8-10 months, was a nice Christmas surprise.

USCS

Apparently, I have been lucky 4 times, 2 suppressors and 2 MGs between 4 and 5 months, (July to October-November). I’m afraid to get anything else for fear of it taking 14 months next time. That, and I’m kind of afraid Biden/Harris demanding to “buy back” the aforementioned articles.

FrankenMauser

They don't have deep enough pockets to buy back all of the MGs that would qualify if the legislation was broad enough to cover everything they want.

That being said... Hoping my next Form 1 only takes a few months.
I don't want another 9+ month one.