357 Ring Of Fire Presentation

5whiskey

The original poster, the guy with the idea, the agreements and the patent pending has not been back to this thread in over 6 years.

If the project hasn't been abandoned, tis certainly on extended holiday.

A quick google search shows that the OP managed to get a shooting illustrated writer to essentially repeat his claims. He's started threads on the 1911 Fanatics forum in 2020 to announce the debut of his business. There's a FB page and a company website. Of note, the Shooting Illustrated article, I felt, was poorly written and did not specify whether the author actually chronographed the ammo (I don't think he did, I think he actually just took Dave Elliot's numbers and printed them).

Why would their participation on this forum be an indication of success or failure?

Fairly, it doesn't. Especially these days, traffic on this forum is not what it used to be (though I am still fond of TFL). Go to the ring of fire website and you will, indeed, see that conversion kits and ammo is being offered. You'll also see that all the new products offered are assorted SCCY pistols with random (and, IMO, somewhat gaudy) custom paint jobs. Apparently border line Saturday Night Specials with some cerakote jobs are better sellers than the ROF products.

5whiskey

It sounds like you have sales figures for those items?

I don't, but I do know that if my passion for the past 3 decades was a proprietary pistol cartridge and conversion kits, along with load data for sale and all kinds of other products and services that requires specialized knowledge, that the top of the home splash page on my website wouldn't feature a giant banner of $250.00 pistols with random paint jobs that you have to scroll past to get to what I have spent 3 decades working on... unless that's what I had to do to pay the bills.

44 AMP

Staff
Why would their participation on this forum be an indication of success or failure?

Certainly participation in this forum has nothing to do with the commercial success or failure of his idea /products.

On the other hand, it does have everything to do with telling us about it.

He started a thread in 2017, made a fairly lengthy post telling us about his Ring of Fire round, and the progress he has made, one assumes to interest the folks here in the idea, and then has not come back, to date.

if he were successful I would think he would have come back and told us.

If his project is keeping him too busy to make a simple post on TFL, I'd say he's not successful, yet....