.357 maximum vs .44 mag

taylorce1

The OP is from Indiana and if he reads this since his post is so old he should check out this web site. http://357maximum.com/

I found this a very good read and he did a great job on his easement of this cartridge. It isn't one I'd be looking for but it makes sense for those places where standard rifle cartridges are not accepted for hunting.

Last edited:

geopat

Really good article!

Thanks! That has about changed my mind. I started looking for a lever action but that article really convinced me to think about a 357 max barrel for my encore instead...... Or maybe both :rolleyes:
Pat

lon371

Since i posted this, I have not purchased a rifle for my daughter. She quit hunting with me, and the dollars went away. I have been reconcidering the question again, since my boy hunts with me. He took my .44 H&R, but no shots this year. I carried an NEF Ultra Slug 20(got a buck woohoo). The only thing I have against it is the weight. I am also getting stuff piled up to reload. Doing so it make the .357 max more attractive. I am thinking one for my contender, in a 16" carbine.

Thanks for reviving the thread.

Lonny