.357 Ladysmith---need to remove the script and find a night sight.

stevieboy

I suppose it could be done, but why? If you ever have to use it for defense, the baddie who you shoot at isn't going to think the less of you if he's hit with a .357 round from a Ladysmith, I guarantee it.

Greg Bell

I am an avid customizer of my guns. It is something I like to do. I have custom 1911s, Marlin Guide guns, etc. My guns are mine, not collectibles or simply tools like a tire iron. I didn't NEED to modify any of them. But I wanted to.

Greg Bell

But, the actual answer to the question is yes, the marking can be removed with various metal polishes and scotch brite. It has been done many times. You can either leave it brushed, polished or re-bead blast it.

Meprolite and XS offer night sights.

crowbeaner

Why are you fretting over the Lady Smith logo? Are you ashamed of your new girlfriend? Just take her out to dinner and don't let the wife know she exists because the wife finding out will create more problems than any mere identity crisis. FWIW the Lady is the factory devloped women's version of the time honored and fantastic 3 inch Model 13 FBI revolver. At least your new girlfriend won't break the bank account buying Prada and Gucci and God knows what brand of makeup! We men have to stick together on these things. My wife carried a 2 inch Colt Lawman IWB for years; this was before the LS even came out.
Meprolight is a good choice for a tritium insert for the front sight.

Greg Bell

That is funny. Still, I also didn't buy an all-steel .44 magnum that I otherwise wanted because it had "Bounty Hunter" engraved on it. I also won't buy a gun that has "Special Forces" written on it, etc. If I did, I would have to refinish it. That is just me.

For example, I am not homophobic nor am I homosexual. I don't have a thing in the world against a gay person and hope that everybody finds the right person for them. However, if I found a great deal on a custom S&W revolver that said "Gay pride edition" on it I would still have to refinish it. That's just me!

edd browne

Temporary Fix

Clean area with alcohol.
Apply 3M Black Super Weatherstrip Adhesive,
or alternate, over the area.
Call it a gripping surface.

When time to sell, apply alcohol or goo remover,
and work adhesive off with eraser.

If needed, apply acrylic paint, and quickly wipe off top surface.

B.N.Real

LOL!:D

Buzzkill-POST OF THE YEAR! ALREADY!

"MANLY SMITH" duct tape!:D

No disrespect intended Greg,you knew some of us would use your thread to get a much needed laugh or two on the subject.

These days a good laugh is better than Gold.

Glad to read you have already found the info you needed.

Wuchak

All the night sight makers have a tritium one that will fit the LadySmith. Just a question of which you prefer. Installation will require removing the pin and drilling the hole for the pin in the new one so it's at the correct height. I tried Trijicon on my SP101 and didn't like it. It was dim and didn't have the white ring. I swapped for a Mepro and have been happy with it. Much brighter and I like the white ring as it helps with quick acquisition even in daylight.

Another vote for leaving the lettering. It's not a Smith for Ladies, it's a Lady Smith. She'll always dance with one who brung her.

Jekyll

My wife just got a 60 LS (.357) and I love it. I carry it when she isn't. The thing shoots 148 gr LSWC like a pro. I can shoot a 1 inch 5-shot group at 10 yards with it.

If the BG can read the logo, you're using it wrong.

Glenn E. Meyer

Yeah, what about Norman Bates, dressed as his mom. What if he carried a Ladysmith instead of butcher knife. Would you think he is psycho!!

Buzz - that is the best laugh in days or ages!! :D

I had a SW Ladysmith revolver - now I'm only using my emotions - another hilarious thread reference. :D

Still laughing.

orchidhunter

The Model 65LS with it's 3" barrel and shroud over the ejector rod is one of the best combat handguns to ever come out of the gates at S&W. Any 3" K frame is good, but that was the best. orchidhunter

Careby

Sorry to bear bad news, but even after the "gender reassignment" procedure, your revolver will still be a girl.

pax

You could wear a skirt.
Scottish soldiers got away with it, and they carried guns.

Nae, laddie. They calls it a "kilt," because they kilt the last laddie that called it a skirt!

;)

pax

dgludwig

Would it be possible just to order a (non-girly man) sideplate from Smith and simply replace the offending one with the new one? It may have to be fitted, I don't know, but this way you could keep the original one so as to restore the Lady Smith to her original status should you ever decide to sell it and the prospective buyer wants it that way.

Elvishead

I'm one those, "If it aint broke don't fix it" people, so I wouldn't bother, at least with the logo.

I have a new 627 V-comp that comes only in two tone. I hate having a black gun with a silver cylinder, but I'm not going to change it.

But good luck, I hope it work's out for you.

Do a report when your done and show pictures.:D