.357 Ladysmith---need to remove the script and find a night sight.

Greg Bell

Hey guys,

I want to remove the Ladysmith script from my Ladysmith. Yeah I know I shouldn't care but I do. I did some serches and I just saw some references to Flitz. Any more help?

I also would like to install a tritium dot up front. It seems to be roll pinned on. Any tips? Where to look?

Bill DeShivs

Flitz will not come close to removing your lettering. This would need to be professionally done, and even then the removal would be obvious. The gun will also have to be refinished unless it is stainless. It will ruin the value of your gun. Better to adjust your ego and live with the Ladysmith marking..

beetlefang

Just leave the Ladysmith alone...

Treat her like a lady.

I remember when I bought mine several years ago.

The pleasant sales lady was like, "So this one is for your wife?"

I responded, "Heck no, this Lady's for me."

Laz

At one time, in the distant past, Smith and Wesson would replace the sideplate with an unlettered one for whatever the cost of a sideplate was. It might be worth calling them if you are certain you want to be ride of the logo.

I kinda figure such a classy revolver is feminine anyway, just like a classic Chris-Craft speedboat.

Model-P

IF you bought the Lady for concealed carry, then leave the Ladysmith script on. It will give you even more incentive to keep it holstered until you really do need it.

Kreyzhorse

I don't believe you can removed it with really butchering your gun.

Besides, if its a CCW piece, nobody on the other end will mock you for pulling a "Ladysmith" on them.

Greg Bell

LOL. I hope anyone who actually has something useful to say doesn't see the number of responses and think my questions have been answered.:D

KC Rob

I actually sell an item that covers the Lady Smith script. It is only $19.95. It has a self adhesive backing and can be ordered with custom script for only $5 more.

ManlySmith.jpg

gak

It took me a little while to get over mine, but not long. Best piece S&W sells out there--at least in my case, the rare-ish 65 model (K frame 6 shot). 3", full shroud - only model I know of combining those features in a K, combined with the also unique aspect of being already somewhat "bead blasted" look - satin stainless. That said, I swear I've seen an example with that script successfully off of there with little or no residual evidence. Still not answering your question, but good luck. Keep doing a search; like my above comment - I think I've seen some discussion here or on another forum about how somebody's done it.

KC Rob

Here ya go: Lady Smith Script Removal

This guy did it with some scotch brite pads and some mothers polish and it looks great. Check it out.

Scroll down after the pictures to read his instructions. He did it all by hand, no bead blasting required.

Last edited:

gak

Hammer It posted similar instructions in a TFL thread (not his) in 8-06. If I can extract them I'll post it here. Essentially involved - taking the side plate off - hitting it with different stages of sandpaper, steel wool and having a shop beadblast back to original finish (if that's what it was - per the 65LS).

dahermit

Removing the Lady Smith Script = "How can I reduce the resale value of my gun?" The question you ask is a sacrilege to anyone who loves nice guns.

Fellow gun affection ado's: Do not encourage doltish, stupid, ignorant, or counter productive treatments of guns.

Jekyll

I'll take it of your hands. I'm comfortable with my sexuality; carrying a Lady Smith doesn't threaten me :cool: I carry my wife's when she isn't.

Greg Bell

LOL. Useful about the question asked. I appreciated all the humor, but it isn't much use in answering my questions root. The good news is Mike Benedict actually knew the answer to my question and answered over on M4carbine.net.