$35/box for Fiocchi 9mm

gnystrom

So over the weekend I went and did some shooting at my range (Shooter's World in Peoria, for any Phoenicians) and ran a few drills with a couple carry guns. As I was leaving I noticed that they had some pretty full shelves behind the gun counter so I asked the guy that brought me back my ID how much for a box of 9, and he shook his head and said, "would you believe $35 a box for Fiocchi? And you're limited to one box per customer per day. AND we're probably raising prices again in a couple weeks. We can't keep it in stock. I've never seen anything like it."

Ouch. I shook my head and said good-bye then took my leave.

On the one hand, they seemed to have a lot of ammo, and doing a brisk business. But wow. They're selling out of $35/box ammo.

This sound familiar to everyone else?
I posted eariler in another thread that yesterday I bought brass Fiocchi 115gr 9mm off the shelf at my local Scheels for $11.99/bx.
Everybody seems to have a different strategy.

Rangerrich99

I posted eariler in another thread that yesterday I bought brass Fiocchi 115gr 9mm off the shelf at my local Scheels for $11.99/bx.
Everybody seems to have a different strategy.
Began this thread around a month ago, so I expect things are still fluid.

Also, I never buy ammo by the box anymore. Haven't in several years. I honestly don't know why anyone would, unless your average range-visit frequency is about once or twice a year, and you only shoot about a box per visit. Otherwise, if you shoot with any kind of monthly frequency @100+ rds per visit you're just better off to buy in bulk. just my opinion, of course. But since adopting the policy, I have enough ammo to shoot every caliber I own at my normal rate for more than three years, and up to 8-9 years if I reload everything I've got. Even longer if I decide to ration my range visits. So for me this shortage/price hike stuff is simply interesting and/or amusing.

44 AMP

Staff
It's not a crime to own a semi auto pistol in something other than .22, 9mm, and .45.
It's not a crime, but it is dumb:

I must be in your "dumb" class as I have some in .44 and .357 calibers

They do things the .22, 9mm, and .45acp don't...:D

SIGSHR

Shelves empty here in NJ, those that have it, prices are high. I shoot just 22LR at present, at the rate things are going I will probably be shooting just my air pistol. Some of the grocery stores have limited customers to one package of paper towels.